Why become a member? ×

I would really like them if it wasn't for that twatt!

ubit

another Beatle was a bit of a twat as well, Lennon, I mean all the women in the world to choose from and he picks Yoko Ono, I rest my case M'Lord, on the whole, still much prefer his songs to Macca's though, so I can't say it put me off liking the Beatles, though his solo stuff is decidedly mixed

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1447433412' post='2907691']
Didn't he pick Cynthia to start with though? ;)
[/quote]yeah, that was his good taste period, Yoko was his twat period, personally I blame the drugs, apparently LSD has all sorts of long term disillusion effects, perhaps they ought to use him as an example of what drugs can do to you, "look who you could wake up with, every morning for the rest of your life if you overdo it" :lol:

• 4 years later...

I am quite prepared to change my perspective about certain individuals if it is proven to me that they are decent people but as long as I have to see them on tv or in the press behaving like twatts I will remain convinced that they are indeed egotistical, entitled knob heads.

I do quite like some of U2's music but I will always be annoyed at that Bonio and his constant preaching. If he was so concerned about world hunger, some of his millions would go a long way to helping.

Blackmore - I absolutely love his playing but understand he seems to be rather less than wonderful as a person.

Our drummer stayed in the same hotel as him after a Rainbow gig.  He saw RB sitting by himself at the bar the following morning and very politely asked him for an autograph.  RB obliged and then said 'now f*** off!'.

Gerry McAvoy tells the story in his autobiography, Riding Shotgun, of RB being pushed into a swimming pool and his wig comig off 🙂

Edited by inthedoghouse

On 05/11/2015 at 11:00, KingBollock said:

I have always said that I wouldn't let that kind of thing discourage me from good music. However... There are two bands...

One is W.A.S.P., after Blackie Lawless got Born Again and decided the renounce a lot of their earlier, better stuff and declared that he would never play them live again, I swore I'd never go to see him live again.

The other is Megadeth. Again, Dave Mustaine got Born Again and started doing interviews spouting proper nasty, vile bigoted stuff. So I vowed to never buy any of his stuff again.

I still listen to and enjoy the stuff by them that I already owned, I just won't be giving them any more of my money. It's not that they got Born Again, I listen to bands with christians in them and even bands that declare themselves christian bands. It just seemed to be a trigger in those two cases.

I wouldn't have seen WASP has long as Chris Holmes was in the band. 

19 minutes ago, inthedoghouse said:

I met John McLaughlin once.  He was nice enough to me and happily gave me his autograph.  But the guy behind me who innocently said 'the wrong thing' to him - oh dear!

Oh, do tell please! 
I’m thinking along the lines of ‘you were better when you played with Miles Davis.’ Or, ‘you’re a great guitarist but why don’t you just play a nice tune?’

Edited by Len_derby

On 05/11/2015 at 12:01, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Didn't realise how much of an a@@hile Bono was, till I saw U2 at twickenham.
I hated mustaine for years( inspte of having the peace sells album).
He played a great gig with megadeath at the Astoria about 10 years ago.
A year or so later , the session lineup were pony .
I could listen to good oasis stuff.
Deep purple ? Now everyone knows Blackmore is a silly billy .
Janes addiction..too camp for words . A. couple of good. songs.
Smashing pumpkins...just sh@te

Huh? What does that mean?

On 05/11/2015 at 12:29, Nicko said:

I really like the Stereophonics music, but Kelly Jones is an absolute 1st class a**hole IMHO.
Slash. Need I say more?
On the subject of U2, The Edge is almost as bad.

Kelly Jones has always been jealous of Matt Bellamy hence why he is a bumhole.

Wouldn't have put Slash down has a t***. Maybe Axl?

Blondie - love them and have spent a lot of lockdown learning and studying Nigel Harrisons bass work.  The more ive studies the more I find Chris Stein an absolute bellend.  Completely out of touch and up his own derrière without an awful lot of talent tio back it up.  IMHO of course

1 hour ago, ClassicVibes said:

Kelly Jones has always been jealous of Matt Bellamy hence why he is a bumhole.

Wouldn't have put Slash down has a t***. Maybe Axl?

I got dragged along to see the Stereophonics at some festival. Absolutely charisma-free and no communication with the crowd. Boring as f***.  Terrible band. Remember, around the same time many people were castigating the organisers of the Cheltenham Gold Cup festival for going ahead with covid spreading, the Stereos snuck in under the radar and did a stadium gig in Cardiff!

On 05/11/2015 at 18:28, timmo said:

The Edge is no better. After bribing town planners to have 5 mansions built on a pristine mountain side, Bono should kick him out of the band if he really believes in the global poverty stuff. Doesn`t set a good example

He’s wasted an insane amount of money on legal fees and he still didn’t win 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, inthedoghouse said:

I'm sure Ted Nugent should be on this list.  I never liked his music much anyway, but when I found out what he's like as a person ...

An absolute 1st class pr!ck.

He likes to shoot anything with a face.  Hunters are so brave,  aren't they

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, itu said:

I do not like Bruce Springsteen's voice. My bandmate took two of his songs to our repertoire, and the songs sound great!

He’d probably agree with your assessment of his voice! If you read his autobiography ‘Born to Run’ he’s pretty honest about his talents. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Len_derby said:

He’d probably agree with your assessment of his voice! If you read his autobiography ‘Born to Run’ he’s pretty honest about his talents. 

He is another one that annoys me. So what if he plays for five hours. Who wants to stand that long anyway?The Doors? Meh, that bloody keyboard sound. The Beatles? Don't start me!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, itu said:

I do not like Bruce Springsteen's voice. My bandmate took two of his songs to our repertoire, and the songs sound great!

Every xmas I have to hear the horrible out of tune strained version of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town where it just descends into of key shouting

• Like 1