Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£1950

Rabbie

Hi all,
I think the time has come to sell my Chadwick Folding bass.
It has been played at loads of gigs, but it is in excellent shape.
Reason for selling: I have not travelled anywhere with it for 2 years! Basically I bought it after a few long distance gigs forced me to hire instrument (total pain in the neck! Nightmare in fact!!). Well from that day all my gigs have been within 100 miles from home. I can't see that changing to be honest and I could do with the money.
This is the website
[url="http://foldingbass.com/"]http://foldingbass.com/[/url]
As you will see the price is a steal. If you import it from the US, apart from costing you £500 more, it will also incur in a massive amount of tax, if I remember well another £700 for me, taking it to a whopping £1200 circa of savings from my rough calculations.
I put this up for sale at the beginning of the year, then changed my mind, but this time I'm pretty convinced.
Please get in touch with any queries.
Peace & love.

Edited by Rabbie

Sounds like a plywood of very good quality: it's a Shen modified by Chadwick basically. It projects really well acoustically, but when you play it, you may not realise the full extent of how loud it is. In fact, one of the main reasons why I didn't sell it before is that I stood in front of the potential buyer playing it and for the first time actually heard how loud and full it sounds out front. Also, it has extra support inside to allow for folding, which makes it almost immune to feedback, and I'm talking outdoor festivals with monitor playing with an Ehrlund and still no feedback! Plays like your favourite DB, it's well setup to start with, but I did a full luthier trip with it too. Yes of course it can be sent by courier.
Hope it helps.

Edited by Rabbie

can you provide all the usual dimensions Rabbie, site says 'full size' but I assume it's not 4/4?

Also, looks like it breaks down quite quickly, how long does it take to put back up?

Please consider me very interested either way

Chris

Hi Chris, it's a classic 3/4, and probably at the small end of that field. 41 1/4" scale, 20" upper bout, 26 1/4" lower bout.

Honestly the break down and put up are just as quick, but depend on practice. At one point, I was pretty nifty, say about 3 minutes each way (not as quick as some of the guys on youtube), but as I say now I haven't unfolded it for a while. One note, the putting up depends wildly on the strings you have on. At the moment I have G and D gut on it, so it take longer to stretch them in tune. With Spiros, they get and stay in tune in a jiffy..
Drop me a PM, I'll give you a call to discuss if you wish.