Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Teacher (Free Introductory Lesson)

Simon Lovelock

Hi I'm Simon Lovelock a professional bass player and tutor in bass guitar/stand alone music theory. I am currently offering a free introductory hour lesson.

--Click this video https://www.youtube....h?v=DN9LAeO9eHc to see the studio I teach in and why I teach.-------

I offer unique tuition that will be tailored to you and my number one goal is that my students ENJOY themselves. So this is my favourite testimonial.

"I enjoyed every single moment of every single lesson" - Priya Ragu (former student)

-- Teaching Style --

I am passionate about my students and get so much out of seeing them progress into great players!

Drawing from my own experience and research I have developed a unique teaching method that strives to draw out creativity and personal expression, whilst simultaneously providing a solid grounding in technique and fluency.

This can include, but is not limited to:

• Improvisation (Unlock your creativity and express yourself freely)
• Repetoire (Learn your favourite tunes)
• Ear Training (Learn to intuitively play whats in your head)
• Harmony + Theory (Understand music as a language)
• Technique - Finger Style, Slap, Muting, Tapping, Fretboard Knowledge (Build fluency)

I teach from my home studio in South London because I truly believe it offers a superior environment for learning. In lessons at our disposal will be:

• Professional Amplification (to hear exactly how YOU sound)
• High Quality Recording (for tracking and reviewing progress)
• Live Drums (I play drums YOU play bass)
• Keyboard (For easier explanation of musical concepts)

All this combines to create a unique experience for the student that is interesting, engaging, challenging but most of all FUN!

Although I also can travel to you if necessary.

Watch The Video - https://www.youtube....h?v=DN9LAeO9eHc

-- Experience --

I am experienced with teaching all abilities and ages and am confident you can become a better player, because of how many times I have seen it happen.

I have been involved in music since I was 13 and it has always been an integral part of my life. I have studied at the Academy of Contemporary Music and the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance as well as touring and playing professionally throughout the UK and Europe.

Acts and Labels I have worked with:

• Healer Selecta (Freestyle Records). • Oded Kafri (Hairam bullock, Jay Rodriguez,
Salif Keita, Yossi Fine, Hass Keita) • The Drop • Richard O Brien • Jonny Virgo
• Jon Fairhurst (National Guitars) • Big Dada Records (Roots Manuva, Jimmy Screech)
• Jonny Drop • BassFreq1 • Scarlett Black • The Dustaphonics

Venue and Festival Apperances:

• Camden Jazz Café • Concorde2 • Troubador • Secret Garden Party
Electric Picnic • Green Man • Cognac Festival (France) • Purple Weekend (Spain)

Education:

• GCSE Music – John ‘O’ Gaunt Secondary School ( B)
• NC Contemporary Music Performance – Reading College and School of Art and Design (Merit) • HND Contemporary Music Performance – The Academy of Contemporary Music (Merit)
• BMus Popular Music Practice – The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance

--Prices--

FREE introductory first lesson and first 4 lessons £100

All other lessons can be booked in blocks of 4 @ £120

I encourage students to take weekly lessons as it is easily the best way to see results. I also ask students to commit to a practice schedule. (At least 15 mins a day)

(The Musicians Union Rates are currently £30 per hour)

Edited by Dad3353

• 2 months later...

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I received lessons from Simon for about 6 months. [color=#000000]Simon's patience and understanding of your needs as a student are only overshadowed by his extensive knowledge of the instrument and how to make the music you want with it. My playing ability and understanding of music has been transformed in a matter of months, I have no doubt he can improve the playing of students of any level.[/color][/font][/size]

• 2 years later...