Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

On 19/02/2019 at 22:34, Simon. said:

Supposed to be going to see Cory Wong next week in Glasgow (26th), but now can't make it - if anyone wants a pair of tickets (free), let me know!

Just got back from seeing him in Leeds and I'm speechless, he's as good as you think he's going to be and then some. Such stage personality and the band are t.i.g.h.t.

I don't know if by posting that I'm upsetting you, Simon but it's a thing to behold.

2 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

whereabouts do you live in Italy oZZma? I'm planning to move back there myself, probably to my mum's birthplace in Trieste which is also nicely placed near Slovenia, one of my fave countries

North West, Turin... Unfortunately not much handy from Trieste 😕

19 hours ago, oZZma said:

North West, Turin... Unfortunately not much handy from Trieste 😕

Ah  I lived there for around a year way back in the early 90s. Fond memories of the Piazza di Castello and the streets running off it 😊.   I've always felt Turin is one of the more underrated cities Italy. And nice to have the Valle D'Aosta close by for skiing

• 5 weeks later...

Mark Knopfler on may the 7. It will be a good day: my brother and I bought tickets for our father and us as a gift for his 70 birthday. We were Dire Straits fans in the eighties/nineties and our father too. It will be a good ole'days celebration bewteen guys for us :sun_bespectacled:

I have not listened Mark Knopfler music since "sailing to philadelphia" album, but always have pleasure to from time to time.

• Like 1

Got some of their stuff. It's a bit mixed but if I lived local I'd probably go see them. I'm off to Rock City tonight for a bit of rock n roll from Quireboys and FM. There are actually 4 bands playing for a £25 face value ticket which isn't bad these days.

• Like 2

UFO tonight Hull New Theatre 50th Anniversary final tour....this will be my 5th time I have seen them first time in 76 classic Mogg, Schenker, Way, Raymond, Parker line up see them again with Tonker Chapman on guitar, then Atomic Tommy M and twice with Vinnie Moore on guitar always a class act...also seen the off-shoots including Fastway and Waysted several times...spent a memorable evening with Pete Way and Fin Muir slightly worse for wear lol at the Yardbirds Grimsby.....sad day for Rock n Roll when such a great band ends.

Edited by thebigyin

2 hours ago, thebigyin said:

UFO tonight Hull New Theatre 50th Anniversary final tour....this will be my 5th time I have seen them first time in 76 classic Mogg, Schenker, Way, Raymond, Parker line up see them again with Tonker Chapman on guitar, then Atomic Tommy M and twice with Vinnie Moore on guitar always a class act...also seen the off-shoots including Fastway and Waysted several times...spent a memorable evening with Pete Way and Fin Muir slightly worse for wear lol at the Yardbirds Grimsby.....sad day for Rock n Roll when such a great band ends.

Friend of mine has done some of their sound on this tour - says they still play LOUD! Enjoy the gig.

• Like 1

I'm taking my daughter's partner to see The Bootleg Beatles next week. He's an Aussie and crazy on the Beatles, so hoping they don't disappoint him. I saw them a few years ago and was impressed so should be an entertaining evening. I think they're doing a section devoted to The White Album too.

1 hour ago, casapete said:

I'm taking my daughter's partner to see The Bootleg Beatles next week. He's an Aussie and crazy on the Beatles, so hoping they don't disappoint him. I saw them a few years ago and was impressed so should be an entertaining evening. I think they're doing a section devoted to The White Album too.

When I saw the Bootleg Beatles it was far nearer to the Beatles than now is to the Bootleg Beatles...

3 hours ago, thebigyin said:

UFO are everything Def Leppard should have been.

• Like 1

Got an amazing autumn lined up now:

Saxon, Black Star Riders, Girlschool

Hawkwind 50th anniversary (on my birthday 🙂 )

Phil Campbell and his illegitimate babies

Plus my one brother's band, Stonehouse,  are going up to Scotland to play at my other brother's wife's 60th.

• Like 1

The Achievers at the York Blues festival on Saturday (6th April). featuring our own  @Jack_Stroud_Bass  on ….you guessed it...Bass Guitar!

Last gig I went to.....

The Achievers at the SVA in Stroud …

I live in Ilkeston Derbyshire; I guess you could say I have become a bit of a fan.:crazy:

Great to see you at the SVA Ray, and really looking forward to catching up at York! We're staying locally too, so will be defo around for a few jars afterwards. Word on the street is it's gonna be a proper party!

Thanks for your support too, really means a lot to us that people are prepared to travel to see the band, it's very much appreciated :)

• Like 1