Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

13 hours ago, Geek99 said:

Actually I think he’s pretty much exactly what they need. Impeccable timing and good note choice 

Its when he switches to guitar that i have reservations… the regular six-stringers are certainly no bassists!

I've just had an email saying that the postponed Blitzkid gig is now happening in October. 

Really can't wait for this one. 

Not off a pain though. I live in the UK and have to go to Chicago in September to see The Misfits then head to New York in Oct for Blitzkid. That's gonna work out expencive. 

PIL (again) in Bristol this Saturday. 

Mr Lydon and co always put on a great show and it was 2018 we saw them last in Exeter on their 40th anniversary tour. 

Jungle in Bristol the week after.

I have been following Jungle since their inception and this is the first time we have managed to get tickets for them. 

As well as the music, their dance videos are superb and worth checking out on YouTube. 

I should be seeing Queen with Adam Lambert at the O2 this evening (postponed from 2 years ago, bought for my wife's birthday), but I'm still showing Covid positive (been off work for the last week with it), so thats put an end to that. Hoping I'm clear by Wednesday as I've got free tickets to see Roger Daltrey in Brighton and then I'm up to Coventry to see Rammstein next Sunday (once again, postponed from 2 years ago). I will be bloody p*ssed off if I miss two concerts that were postponed due to Covid 2 years ago just because I decided to be late to the party catching it :(

Woo hoo... I'm heading out in 10 mins to nip to my mates in a craft ale bar, they are out on an all day stag do... Not my sort of thing. Id like to nip in to offer my best wishes though. I'll have a pint then walk acrid Town to go see Bob Mould play in the Sugarmill. Love his Sugar music but don't really know any of his solo stuff. 

I got two emails within about 10 minutes from my local small live music venue. The first announcing Paul McCartney is playing there tomorrow night. The second to say it's sold out.

Same venue that Foo Fighters played their Glastonbury warm up. They do manage to punch above their weight for an old cattle market.

13 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

I got two emails within about 10 minutes from my local small live music venue. The first announcing Paul McCartney is playing there tomorrow night. The second to say it's sold out.

Same venue that Foo Fighters played their Glastonbury warm up. They do manage to punch above their weight for an old cattle market.

I like that venue, I’ve seen Reef and Fatboy Slim there 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ern500evo said:

I like that venue, I’ve seen Reef and Fatboy Slim there 

I really like it there. It's 10 minutes walk from home, the beer is great and the sound is excellent. I've seen loads of great bands there including White Lies, Airborne, Damned, Pigs x7, The Editors The Stranglers, The Skints, Dreadzone, Zion Train and loads of others. Pretty amazing for a small town venue.

The PA in there came from the West Holts stage at Glastonbury so it's more than up to the job.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

Sounds good- watch out for bass player Steve Hanley in Brix and the Extricated. 
He was great in the Fall , but seems to have moved away from his signature sound lately.

Brix has just finished, pretty good set. No sign of Mr Hanley as Brix has an all female line up including ex-My Bloody Valentine members Deb and Jen.

Just now, upside downer said:

Brix has just finished, pretty good set. No sign of Mr Hanley as Brix has an all female line up including ex-My Bloody Valentine members Deb and Jen.

Didn’t know Brix was doing some solo stuff. 
A Fall/MBV collaboration is very appealing.

On Saturday night Stockport Symphony Orchestra (in which mrs nekomatic plays violin) are doing Tchaikovsky’s 4th symphony and the Brahms piano concerto… with Joanna MacGregor as soloist, quite a coup for them as she’s a big name and mrs nekomatic has just come back from the rehearsal with her and reports she is amazing. It’s in the Town Hall, if you’re in the area do come down.