Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

1 minute ago, nilorius said:

The only bands that i want to see live in big gigs are Tribal tech or RHCP. Would spent big money, but it seems that it will not happen soon.

I've not heard good things about RHCP live and that's from big fans of them. 

Personally, I hate big gigs. I wouldn't see anyone in an arena or stadium. Even at Glastonbury, I hate going to the Pyramid stage. You're just so far from the band. I'd rather see a smaller band in a small venue so it at least feels like you're in the same room as the band. 

• Like 1

Just now, SteveXFR said:

I've not heard good things about RHCP live and that's from big fans of them. 

Personally, I hate big gigs. I wouldn't see anyone in an arena or stadium. Even at Glastonbury, I hate going to the Pyramid stage. You're just so far from the band. I'd rather see a smaller band in a small venue so it at least feels like you're in the same room as the band. 

Maybe You are right!

Meshuggah, Friday next week at Royal Albert Hall.

Bit concerned, the live clips I've heard from this tour seem very messy.

Also not hugely impressed with Immutable, the new Album.

However, if they do Demiurge I'll be happy.

8 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

Same here. Luckily I don't like big bands, so I can see all my favourites at small venues.

• Like 1

Managed to secure tickets to see Public Service Broadcasting (one of my new fave bands over the last 10 years) premiering a new album length piece at the Royal Albert Hall for the BBC Proms - so chuffed and excited!

Not Proms but still a flavour if you've not come across them before...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Going to see Amy Helm, daughter of Levon and step-daughter of Donald Fagan- there's a musical heritage. On in Bristol at the Louisiana this coming Saturday. I've got a gig at the Home Farm Fest late afternoon then on up to Bristol for a 8.00 pm start. First gig I've watched since lockdown....

Off the see Jack White at the Apollo at the end of June, I saw him in Leeds a few years ago and loved it, whatever that thing is that he has, it really comes across live. Hoping for the same again, it’s not a stupid big venue either so even though we’re in the circle  it should still be an experience.

Saw Del Amitri in Belfast last night... Suppose I should have posted this yesterday, given the thread title!

Seen them a few times before and they always hit the spot. Justin Currie looking a bit frail though. A bit of a worry for a guy in his late 50s. He never admitted to being much of a bass player but he keeps things pumping along nicely! Good old sing-song had by all!

KISS at Download on Friday night. Backstage guest parking and a wander through to stand in front of the stage.

I'll be turning up at 8.30 and leaving at 11pm. No standing in a field for hours with the great unwashed for me. ;)

Edited by cetera
  • Like 2

On 05/06/2022 at 19:39, yorks5stringer said:

Going to see Amy Helm, daughter of Levon and step-daughter of Donald Fagan- there's a musical heritage. On in Bristol at the Louisiana this coming Saturday. I've got a gig at the Home Farm Fest late afternoon then on up to Bristol for a 8.00 pm start. First gig I've watched since lockdown....

Cancelled due to illness. ☹️

• Sad 2

Had a pretty empty gig diary, then noticed at the last minute that a local village is having a small 'festival'... folk/roots music, taking place in the old church. Last night and tonight, 3 bands/artists per night.

Folk is one of the few genres Mrs Soup will come to... so we picked tonight out of the two nights.

• The Dicemen (they claim a bit of post-punk as an influence...... don't tell Mrs Soup!),
  • Danni Nichols (A bit country for my tastes, but i'll keep an open mind)
  • The Magpies (Yay - banjo and fiddle!)

• Like 1

Saw Jacob Collier last night in Glasgow. 

Wow!!!!! I was blown away, really incredible. 

The bass player was incredible, and the whole band were amazing individually,  and collectively. 

So good that I was reduced to tears of joy on at least 4 occasions. 

My 20 year old son hadn't heard any of Jacob's stuff, and even he said, "that was amazing"! Afterwards 

On 27/05/2022 at 06:31, SteveXFR said:

I'm definitely right about that being my opinion of big gigs. I'm not sure whether it's right right

He’s Latvian, I think he’s saying that he thinks your opinion is the correct one, he agrees 

On 07/06/2022 at 09:45, Bigwan said:

Saw Del Amitri in Belfast last night... Suppose I should have posted this yesterday, given the thread title!

Seen them a few times before and they always hit the spot. Justin Currie looking a bit frail though. A bit of a worry for a guy in his late 50s. He never admitted to being much of a bass player but he keeps things pumping along nicely! Good old sing-song had by all!

Actually I think he’s pretty much exactly what they need. Impeccable timing and good note choice