Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

I saw Rolo Tomassi last night in London with Pupil Slicer and Heriot in support.

Heriot were great, not heard much by them but really good crushing hardcore.

Pupil Slicer were really why I was there, I've been a big fan since they released their debut record last year and did not disappoint. Chaotic mathcore with some excellent bass playing, lovely to hear a Modulus Flea in the wild too.

Then Rolo came on, I'm a bit late to the game with them as they've just put out their sixth album and I've only really got into them the last couple of years, but they were sublime. They were everything I want from a band at the moment, the comparison doesn't quite stack up but I'd call the a cross between Muse and The Dillinger Escape Plan and are now firmly ensconced amongst my favourite bands.

All in all, an excellent night out

20220224_223503.jpg

Edited by Graham

On 23/02/2022 at 20:18, robscott said:

There is a phenomenal Stevie Wonder tribute act called Some Kinda Wonderful. We are seeing them next Wednesday at Piano Smithfield. 

Never heard of them, but just checked the web site and they're playing in Solihull in September so I'll get tickets.  Thanks for the recommendation 👍

Saw Tommy Emmanuel on Saturday. Quite astonishing guitar playing and very entertaining. 
Coming up during the year Gretchen Peters, Marty Stewart, Joe Satriani, The Blues Band, Jules Holland, Sandi Toksvig. 
there will no doubt be others as the year goes on. 

On 28/02/2022 at 15:13, Cliff Edge said:

Saw Tommy Emmanuel on Saturday. Quite astonishing guitar playing and very entertaining. 
Coming up during the year Gretchen Peters, Marty Stewart, Joe Satriani, The Blues Band, Jules Holland, Sandi Toksvig. 
there will no doubt be others as the year goes on. 

I’ve just got back from seeing Tommy Emmanuel in York. Stunning playing and not all 100mph stuff either, which usually bores me rigid. Superb support from Jerry Douglas, probably the world’s finest dobro and lap steel player. A great evening’s entertainment. 

My Mrs and I have been together for 2yrs, since the start of lockdown, and with one thing and another we haven't been able to see any gigs together at all. On April 8th and 9th we're on a double header, her faves Skunk Anansie followed by an evening with Grayson Perry..... can't wait. 

48 minutes ago, Rayman said:

My Mrs and I have been together for 2yrs, since the start of lockdown, and with one thing and another we haven't been able to see any gigs together at all. On April 8th and 9th we're on a double header, her faves Skunk Anansie followed by an evening with Grayson Perry..... can't wait. 

I went to see Kiss at Finsbury Park years ago and Skunk Anansie were playing. 

I nodded off before any music started as It was sunny and I was woken up by someone kicking my foot. 

Opened my eyes and it was Skin. She said "Wake up, we are going on soon" 

I replied "I know but you are s**t". 

She burst out laughing and said "fair enough "

I didn't bother watching them, but disappointed now as my tastes have mellowed and I don't mind them at all. 

• Haha 2

On 09/02/2022 at 07:32, Richard R said:

Fairport UnPegged were both interesting and superb, as was the support. It would be good to compare notes with @Stub Mandrel who saw the full band last Friday, but I don't want to clutter up this thread.  Is there a "concert reviews " thread? If not then I'll start one.

Did that thread start?

21 minutes ago, Richard R said:

Just had an email to say that Joe Satriani is postponing the European leg of his tour until spring 2023. ☹

Hopefully still going to see Nick Mason. 

Had a similar message from Japanese band Shonen Knife. The date had moved by one day..... oh no, it was a whole  year (2023) on the same day but one.

Still, something to look forward too I suppose.