Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Peloquin said:

I used to love SLF until they started playing half and half sets of SLF and Jam songs. 

Who is in the band now? 

22 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

Foxton left to do From the Jam..... and original bass player Ali came back IIRC. I think he is still there?

Yes that’s right, Ali is back in the fold now.

• Like 1

With Ali back I might be interested.  I don't suppose Henry and Dolphin are in the band as well... I'd love to see them with that line up,  listening to Henry singing Gate 49.

2 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

Foxton left to do From the Jam..... and original bass player Ali came back IIRC. I think he is still there?

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Yes that’s right, Ali is back in the fold now.

Henry’s currently doing XSLF, with Jim Reilly (drummer on Nobody’s Heroes album) and Avi on bass.

Current SLF drummer is Steve Grantley, been with them for over 20 years now, Ian McCallum completing the line up on rhythm guitar.

• Thanks 1

War Of The Worlds immersive experience & Young Gun Silver Fox, both on 23rd Feb

Winters End Festival at Leamington Spa on Sat 5/Sun 6 Mar

Kayak - Farewell Tour show at Islington Assembly Hall on 9th May

Soundwave tribute festival at Morden Park on Sat 14/Sun 15 May

Bill Bailey at Brighton Centre on 18th May

KISS at Download Festival 10th June

Cloudbusting (Kate Bush tribute) on Sun 19th June

Elton John (24 June) and Eagles (26 June) at Hyde Park - hopefully working it backstage

Cropredy Festival - 11-13 Aug

ABBA at O2 on 21st Aug

Reckless Love/Dan Reed Network & Collateral at Camden Electric Ballroom on 6th Sept

H.E.A.T. at Brixton Electric on 18th Oct

Molly Hatchet at 100 Club on 28th Nov

That little lot should keep me occupied between playing my own gigs!

Edited by cetera

2 hours ago, Richard R said:

Just bought tickets to see Fairport Convention at my local 300 seater venue on Tuesday. 👍

Then possibly Nick Mason and co in April and definitely Joe Satriani in May.

Oh wow, hadn't realised. I've just snapped up two of the last four tickets for the gig in Swansea on Friday.

• Like 1

I remembered yesterday getting a flyer in about November, and then forgetting all about it.

Just checked out their current album "Shuffle and Go" on Spotify. Like that a lot.

FC's website apologises that,  due to Covid, they won't be joining the audience in the bar afterwards as usual. And asks that you bring cash if you want to buy the CD as there will be an Honesty Box on the merch stand!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Richard R said:

I remembered yesterday getting a flyer in about November, and then forgetting all about it.

Just checked out their current album "Shuffle and Go" on Spotify. Like that a lot.

FC's website apologises that,  due to Covid, they won't be joining the audience in the bar afterwards as usual. And asks that you bring cash if you want to buy the CD as there will be an Honesty Box on the merch stand!

I already have Shuffle & Go 🙂

Haven't seen them since Cropredy '96, or maybe once? Saw them so many times before that, Cropredy about ten years in a row, plus other gigs. Did see Richard Thompson a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Richard R said:

Never seen them. I don't consider myself a big folk fan, but I'm looking forward to Tuesday. If only because it's the first live gig in 30 months!

Expect humour, immaculate musicianship and damn good tunes.

"Good time will be had by all"

• Like 2

I've just been told I'm going to see Airborne. My dad is a fan, they're his favourite live band so he's got us tickets to see them when they're in town at the Cheese And Grain in Frome. 

It's pretty awesome to see such a big band at a small venue in a small town. It'll be at least the third time they've played there so I guess they like the venue.

I've seen them before and they're an amazing live band, they really put everything in to their shows. I've seen a roadie wheeling the exhausted looking singer back to the bus on top of a flight case before!

Next up is Rolo Tomassi and Pupil Slicer in London this month

Then Cult Of Luna's Beyond The Redshift festival in March

In September there's Akercocke and Cryptic Shift in Brighton

In November it's off to Manchester for Damnation Festival

Thinking about Incendiary in June and Lingua Ignota in October, but will have to see how things line up with my own gig schedule.

Edited by Graham

51 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

I've just been told I'm going to see Airborne. My dad is a fan, they're his favourite live band so he's got us tickets to see them when they're in town at the Cheese And Grain in Frome. 

It's pretty awesome to see such a big band at a small venue in a small town. It'll be at least the third time they've played there so I guess they like the venue.

I've seen them before and they're an amazing live band, they really put everything in to their shows. I've seen a roadie wheeling the exhausted looking singer back to the bus on top of a flight case before!

Wow, great band and great they’re playing smaller venues when they can easily fill bigger ones.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Wow, great band and great they’re playing smaller venues when they can easily fill bigger ones.

They're supporting Iron Maiden on this tour so after our local ex cow shed they're off to play arenas with tens of thousands of fans

Just got back from the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff after an evening with...

James Blunt. Ok, you can point at me and laugh if you want, IDGAF :D

He had a very able quartet backing him up comprising bass, drums, guitar and keys. All the band supplied BVs, so there some very lush 5 part vocal harmonies in places. Guitarist had a couple of Teles, bassist played a Stingray 5 with an unused spare on a stand next to him, and a bass synth on a couple of tunes. JB played either acoustic guitar or piano on every song, apart from 'Postcards' when he and the guitarist both got their ukes out (ooer).

You know what? That was one of the best gigs I've seen in years. The whole band was faultless, Mr B writes a good song and can really sing, and his trademark self-depracating humour was well on show. I would quite happily go and watch it all again tomorrow. And I'd love to be in that band.

However (there's always a however)... there was a problem with the sound which can basically be summed up as WHY THE FECK DOES THE FECKIN KICK DRUM HAVE TO BE SO FECKIN LOUD?? It was the loudest thing in the mix by a mile, and totally overwhelmed it at times. It's not the first gig I've been to that's been tainted by a ludicrously heavy kick either. Why? Grrr.

Oh, and the support was a very talented chap called Gavin James. Super voice. 

PSX_20220208_002647.jpg

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1