Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 17:56, SteveXFR said:

I've just booked tickets for High On Fire at The Fleece in Bristol. It's not until next June but I can almost feel the hearing damage already from Matt Pike's wall on Orange amps.

Awesome. It’s something I look forward to also. I’ll be seeing them soon after that at Tuska in Finland. I can hardly wait 🔥

1 minute ago, Fionn said:

Awesome. It’s something I look forward to also. I’ll be seeing them soon after that at Tuska in Finland. I can hardly wait 🔥

I'm really excited about it. I've not seen them live before. I'm expecting something like Motorhead, loud, raw and rough but tight and heavy and a big wall of sound 

• Like 1

A friend let me know Brad Mehldau Trio are playing Dublin on Wednesday, rescheduled from last year. I had no idea. Had a quick look at the venue website and saw there were front row seats, dead centre, still available, probably someone who couldn't make the rescheduled date. Bought them. This is too good to be true.

On 29/09/2021 at 18:55, Lozz196 said:

The Professionals in 4 weeks time, am super excited.

And it was all I expected and more. It was great to be out at a gig again, saw a lot of people I knew there, and the sound of the band themselves, well it could well be the best sound I’ve ever heard at a gig. 

• Like 1

Just to say Richard Thompson is still as awesome as ever.

Some old, some new, some excerpts from his new bio Beeswing, vocal accompaniment from Zara Phillips (not that one). Excellent support from Katherine Priddy.

He (at 73) did pass comment on the demographics of the audience. Let's say an above-average number of punters had to pop out for a pee...

But, by gum, his guitar playing really ought to put him up with the greats.

The Nightingales in Bedford with Pete Astor as support - on Sunday 7th.

Due to re-arranged dates I'm double booked that night - So there's a ticket going spare for Chubby and the Gang at StAlbans Horn if anyone's interested in a freebie.

update: Just seen that Chubby and the Gang has been cancelled, so no spare ticket. On the plus side I’ll get a refund or maybe a rescheduled date 😃

Edited by Nail Soup

On 03/11/2021 at 08:32, Paul S said:

Australian Pink Floyd this coming Monday at the Cliff's Pavilion.  Really looking forward to it - saw them once before and they were amazing.  Best gig of the year that year.

I’m going to see them this time next month in Glasgow, quite looking forward to it. 

• Like 1