Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

Just picked up a ticket for a couple of female fronted prog bands in Leicester on Monday. Like both bands most recent albums and well done to artists, promoter and venue for keeping it down to £11 per ticket.

So I'm looking forward to seeing The Dame and The Far Meadows.

Stiff Little Fingers, with support from The Professionals & The Adverts at The Roundhouse on Sat 28 March. Going to be a strange experience, I’ve spent the last 6 years gigging with many of my fave bands so going to a gig as a punter, and actually paying will all seem rather odd.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Won some tickets to HRH Prog IX at the Shepherd’s Bush Empire. Not so interested in the bands further down the list or the second night (Dave Brock and Focus) but really looking forward to John Lees’ Barclay James Harvest and a full band set by Rick Wakeman - presumably performing tunes from his new album, The Red Planet!

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/02/2020 at 16:30, 4000 said:

The Staves. Would have been Lana Del Rey, but she stood me up. ;)

Good call. Saw them at The Dome Tufnell Park wednesday 4th. Had seen them supporting First Aid Kit (Brixton) last autumn and they were really good - notably a killer version of 'Whole of the Moon' which is on YT and well worth a look/listen.
The Staves may be dismissed by some as a folky-hippy thing - so WRONG. Brilliant voices of course, very strong songs and a tasty 4 piece backing (guitar doubling on horn; bass, keys/synths and drums). Live sound was absolutely top-notch, with an excellent drum/bass mix.
Even though they were one sister down, they were powerful, confident and hugely musical. From folk roots they are moving into a much bigger musical space. Fast becoming a serious headliner IMHO.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2020 at 07:49, Soledad said:

Good call. Saw them at The Dome Tufnell Park wednesday 4th. Had seen them supporting First Aid Kit (Brixton) last autumn and they were really good - notably a killer version of 'Whole of the Moon' which is on YT and well worth a look/listen.
The Staves may be dismissed by some as a folky-hippy thing - so WRONG. Brilliant voices of course, very strong songs and a tasty 4 piece backing (guitar doubling on horn; bass, keys/synths and drums). Live sound was absolutely top-notch, with an excellent drum/bass mix.
Even though they were one sister down, they were powerful, confident and hugely musical. From folk roots they are moving into a much bigger musical space. Fast becoming a serious headliner IMHO.

They’ve got some of the funniest banter going too. 😉 I first saw them supporting the wonderful First Aid Kit too, at Liverpool. Blood I Bled is just epic. As a friend said, like The Battle of Evermore sung by angels. 

• Like 1

I’ve had Lana cancel due to losing her voice, Billie E suspend gigs for obvious reasons, but as yet it appears Nick Cave may still be on. I suspect not for long though! As for Genesis and Steve Hackett, I hope they’re being kept in isolation!

• Haha 1

On 15/03/2020 at 23:36, fleabag said:

End of April  Brand X , Milton Keynes, as long it's not cancelled

Spoke too soon.

Just found  out  The Crauford Arms, MIlton Keynes is closing down in 2 days, 20th March.   All gigs cancelled from then on.

Understandable

On 23/02/2020 at 09:59, Lozz196 said:

Stiff Little Fingers, with support from The Professionals & The Adverts at The Roundhouse on Sat 28 March. Going to be a strange experience, I’ve spent the last 6 years gigging with many of my fave bands so going to a gig as a punter, and actually paying will all seem rather odd.

1 hour ago, NickD said:

I'm not seeing SLF and Neville Staples a week on Saturday. I expect it won't be awesome. After that I'm probably not seeing Nick Cave in May. I expect that to be not awesome either.

Likewise Nick, won’t be seeing SLF etc. Shame but as the statement from Jake Burns said, just makes sense given what is happening at present.

• Like 1