Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

On 02/11/2019 at 10:16, Lozz196 said:

Michael Monroe in Milton Keynes this eve, am super excited.

Edit - have just got in and can say it was worth it, they played for 75mins and were amazing.

I saw them on Sunday. They are sensational. I just love the punchy, riffy, catchy tunes.
And Electric Eel Shock supporting.. what just happened!?!?! All added up to one of the best nights out of my life! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Marky L said:

I saw them on Sunday. They are sensational. I just love the punchy, riffy, catchy tunes.
And Electric Eel Shock supporting.. what just happened!?!?! All added up to one of the best nights out of my life! 

Re Electric Eel, never seen a drummer play with 2 sticks in each hand before, wtf? Agree, great night of great music from 2 great bands.

On 02/11/2019 at 10:16, Lozz196 said:

Michael Monroe in Milton Keynes this eve, am super excited.

Edit - have just got in and can say it was worth it, they played for 75mins and were amazing.

and...

31 minutes ago, Marky L said:

Seeing them on Thursday in Bristol. Can't wait, although it's a shame we were in the running for the support slot and lost out.

• Like 1

I've got:
Bonnacons of Doom on Friday (Liverpudlian Psych collective)
The Utopia Strong (Steve "interesting" Davis' electronic band) in December
The Wonder Stuff on the 21st December.

and I've just book tickets for my first 2020 gigs.

Wire in January
Einsturzende Neubauten in September. (usually I'll do one or two EN gigs on the continent too, but I'm not sure I'll manage that this year)

I saw James Morrison last night (Bournemouth Pavilion). Superb singer and songwriter. I used to play one of his songs many years ago.

He was great but the sound was very poor (the bass player could have been playing anything, as hardly a single note was decipherable). The worst thing (and this is the second time I have seen him this year) is trhat his band has absolutely no groove and no joy in playing at all. Blimey, if I was in that band ..................

Going to see Steve Hillage doing all that lovely trippy mid to late 70's stuff next Monday in Sheffield. Gong (who I think are basically acting as his backing band these days) are doing  a set of there own as support. Never thought I'd hear stuff from albums like Green done live so looking forward to it.

• Like 1