Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

The Bevis Frond, actually, last night!. Mainly went cos the guy my band backs up occasionally did an album with them, and I've had to play some of Ade Shaw's basslines. They were good in a psyche wig-out sort of way. 2 guitarists soloing at the same time isn't something I see a lot of these days!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am off to York tonight to see The Strawbs.

I only know "Part of the Union" ,from the seventies and I think I had the album that was out when it was a hit. 

Since then I have not listened to anything of theirs. When My friend told me about the gig I thought about listening to some of their output over the years but I decided to go with "open ears" and listen to them as if they were a new band.

I am assuming that after 50 years in the business they may well be able to bash out a tune or two!😀

I'll be seeing Two Door Cinema Club at the Dome (yes, I know it's not technically called that, but the real name makes me cringe) on Friday night. I've actually never been to the venue before - I'm expecting the acoustics to be somewhere in the range between "unpleasantly boomy" and "inaudible mush".

S.P.

20 minutes ago, Stylon Pilson said:

I'll be seeing Two Door Cinema Club at the Dome (yes, I know it's not technically called that, but the real name makes me cringe) on Friday night. I've actually never been to the venue before - I'm expecting the acoustics to be somewhere in the range between "unpleasantly boomy" and "inaudible mush".

S.P.

so not the Dome at Finsbury Park then?

I've seen a few gigs at the O2, and while it's not my favourite venue, I can't remember the sound being a particular issue

fingers crossed for you

2 hours ago, Raymondo said:

I am off to York tonight to see The Strawbs.

I only know "Part of the Union" ,from the seventies and I think I had the album that was out when it was a hit. 

Since then I have not listened to anything of theirs. When My friend told me about the gig I thought about listening to some of their output over the years but I decided to go with "open ears" and listen to them as if they were a new band.

I am assuming that after 50 years in the business they may well be able to bash out a tune or two!😀

I'm sure they will, a band with a good pedigree.  Past members included Rick Wakeman, Sandy Denny and Don Airey.

2dfa3b1204db608a1a93f55e14ee682a.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I'm sure they will, a band with a good pedigree.  Past members included Rick Wakeman, Sandy Denny and Don Airey.

2dfa3b1204db608a1a93f55e14ee682a.png

It was Dave Cousins, Chas Cronk and Dave Lambert. Playing acoustically and chatting about the bands history. It was fabulous.

I was in awe of Chas Cronks' dexterity, playing twelve string and/or bass, whilst playing foot controlled bass and strings. Singing too !O.o

A very intimate gig, They were happy to chat afterwards with us mere mortals.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Damnation Festival in Leeds next weekend - anyone else going?

Opeth, Mayhem, Alcest, Primordial, Mgla, Venom Prison, Gaahl's Wyrd, Raging Speedhorn, Big Business, The Vintage Caravan, Birds In Row, Blood Red Throne, Inter Arma, A Pale Horse Named Death, Jo Quail, Imperial Triumphant, Gost, Crowhurst, Lord Dying, Carnation, Wheel, Mork, Earth Ship, The Infernal Sea, Voices, Alunah, Dawn Ray'd, God Eater

Edited by Graham

10 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

Sunno)) on Saturday. Enough said!

Saw Sunn O))) (and more importantly Anna Von Hausswolff) last night. It was very much an old school Sunn O))) gig, compared to recent tours.

But I'm there on Saturday, I'm taking my dad as he's like Anna too. Wonder how far into Sunn O))) he'll last...
Then a day's rest before heading to the London show...