Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

12 minutes ago, Monkey Steve said:

Pete is apparently Havenless

Adz is Grungyn

Frank is The Watcher - doesn't seem to have entered into the spirit of it does he?

My favourite was when Gaahl and King Ov Hell took Infernis to court to try and wrestle away the rights to the Gorgoroth name.

The look on the judge's face when reading the documents must've been priceless.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stylon Pilson said:

I'm seeing Foals in London this evening. Slightly worried about the journey back - I need to get across London from Alexandra Palace to Waterloo in time for my last train home at 2350. I've got a few options but there's always an element of risk.

S.P.

Wish you the best of luck..Back in 1981 I slept on Waterloo Station in a suit!

Had attended a wedding that day and went to the LSE to see Squeeze and the Distractions... both great. But missed the last train home.

Take a notice saying ‘sorry no spare change or cigarettes’ if you want to get any sleep...😆

59 minutes ago, Stylon Pilson said:

I'm seeing Foals in London this evening. Slightly worried about the journey back - I need to get across London from Alexandra Palace to Waterloo in time for my last train home at 2350. I've got a few options but there's always an element of risk.

S.P.

Crikey, living on the edge! 🙂

I've done sleeping in a doorway after Sabbath at Hammy Odeon & New Year's Eve at Trafalgar Square

Update on the whole "Alexandra Palace to Waterloo" drama - left the gig before the encore, caught the W3 bus from stop R to Finsbury Park, Victoria line to Green Park, Jubilee line to Waterloo. Arrived in Waterloo at about 2322, and the 2320 train was delayed so I got on that. So, no need to sleep in the station. Hooray!

S.P.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stylon Pilson said:

Update on the whole "Alexandra Palace to Waterloo" drama - left the gig before the encore, caught the W3 bus from stop R to Finsbury Park, Victoria line to Green Park, Jubilee line to Waterloo. Arrived in Waterloo at about 2322, and the 2320 train was delayed so I got on that. So, no need to sleep in the station. Hooray!

S.P.

I can sleep easy now!

On 22/06/2019 at 19:38, Barking Spiders said:

Rammstein in MK in a couple of weeks. Had to get an Air B n B as all the stadium parking is booked up and so are all the hotels nearby.!

Me too. I relocated to Germany in February and Rammstein are playing a couple of shows that are both about 2 to 2 1/2 hours drive away. I'm seeing them in MK! 🙄

On 21/06/2019 at 17:20, Stylon Pilson said:

S.P.

What did you think? I saw them on the Saturday and it was the best gig I've been to in years. Thought they sounded bloody amazing live. Getting back to southwest London was a pain, but well worth it! 

On 26/06/2019 at 19:25, SuperSeagull said:

I’m there as well but a bit more enthusiastic about a bit of Quo than you!

Saw Lynyrd Skynrd with Status Quo and Massive Wagons last night in Manchester Arena. When Skynnyrd started the sound was awful, no bottom end - so no kick drum, no bass and the piano and cymbals were just too penetrating. Most things sounded thin. However, three songs in and things were much better. Strange though, as SQ and MW sounded pretty good. Maybe the bassists of both SQ and MW had more mids and crunch in their sound but the LS bass was mostly lost. 

9 hours ago, mingsta said:

What did you think? I saw them on the Saturday and it was the best gig I've been to in years. Thought they sounded bloody amazing live. Getting back to southwest London was a pain, but well worth it! 

I agree, they did not disappoint! Great performance, good show, and the sound balance was decent too, which is rare for a large gig these days. It wasn't just a suffusion of kick drum.

S.P.