Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

6 hours ago, oZZma said:

thanks for your kindness but I live in Italy... 

Anyways I have gone to gigs on my own for years. It wasn't pleasant.

Yeah, a gig in Italy would be a bit of a trek from this direction. Keep going to the gigs though, better than keeping yourself isolated.

On 06/06/2019 at 08:51, oZZma said:

I don't think I will ever go to concerts alone anymore. I suffer from depression and few things are more depressing than being alone among crowds of people who know each other and have a good time. Makes me want to burn them all. Definitely the kind of situation you should look for if you're trying to become a serial killer LOL 

That’s such a shame. I too suffer from chronic depression, chronic anxiety and ptsd, but a good gig - and I choose carefully - is one of the few times I can (hopefully) forget about this. I ignore everyone else as best I can and focus on the performance and the music. 

• Like 1

Guest oZZma
1 hour ago, 4000 said:

That’s such a shame. I too suffer from chronic depression, chronic anxiety and ptsd, but a good gig - and I choose carefully - is one of the few times I can (hopefully) forget about this. I ignore everyone else as best I can and focus on the performance and the music. 

Sorry to hear you have that kind of problems too... I wish I could enjoy a gig at least, like you, but I can't anymore in this town. But I'm not giving up to convince my drummer to go and see Yob!  :)

I can only offer my sympathy and best wishes to you guys and hope that things improve for you..

I've had no real experience of depression. I've known some anxiety but its probably more adrenelin or worry more than anything else for me.

I've just been very lucky in life i guess so it would be an insult to offer any kind of advice from me.

Shame you can't get to some gigs tho as its something that i enjoy altho more so when i was younger. These days i'm very selective mainly cause i'm gettin old and its too much trouble getting to gigs unless i drive an hour each way.

Dave

One of my bands was playing at the Home Farm Festival on Saturday and I went back on the Sunday  to see the Truthseekers (Norm's band) and Reef. Truthseekers were ace, lovely songs and playing from all including Norm and I hung around to see Reef who were headlining.

Imagine my surprise when Jack Bessant stepped on stage and attached this to the longest strap I've ever seen. I've not seen a 72 Telecaster played live since Kenny Gradney with Little Feat back in the 70's. (Historical note, I have a 72 Tele too).

P1000841-1.thumb.JPG.d53a64febc7c2e3b8ca718a8a904af90.JPG

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

One of my bands was playing at the Home Farm Festival on Saturday and I went back on the Sunday  to see the Truthseekers (Norm's band) and Reef. Truthseekers were ace, lovely songs and playing from all including Norm and I hung around to see Reef who were headlining.

Imagine my surprise when Jack Bessant stepped on stage and attached this to the longest strap I've ever seen. I've not seen a 72 Telecaster played live since Kenny Gradney with Little Feat back in the 70's. (Historical note, I have a 72 Tele too)

I heard it from my garden, sounded ok!

• 2 weeks later...

Currently isling by the river Main. Triumph of Death will play the hits of Hellhammer in a couple of hours. Tomorro, Yob in Mannheim and, Friday, The Obsessed in Wiesbaden, then back to rainy Tipperary. Life ain’t so bad 😁

D9FC758A-7ADB-4A8E-9FCB-808CE6D34BF3.jpeg

On 10/06/2019 at 22:26, yorks5stringer said:

Imagine my surprise when Jack Bessant stepped on stage and attached this to the longest strap I've ever seen. I've not seen a 72 Telecaster played live since Kenny Gradney with Little Feat back in the 70's. (Historical note, I have a 72 Tele too).

P1000841-1.thumb.JPG.d53a64febc7c2e3b8ca718a8a904af90.JPG

Didn't he play that Tele bass throughout the 90s?

1 hour ago, Doctor J said:

Currently isling by the river Main. Triumph of Death will play the hits of Hellhammer in a couple of hours. Tomorro, Yob in Mannheim and, Friday, The Obsessed in Wiesbaden, then back to rainy Tipperary. Life ain’t so bad 😁

D9FC758A-7ADB-4A8E-9FCB-808CE6D34BF3.jpeg

What's that blue thing in the background?

been offered a spot on the guest list for the Vltimas gig at the Underworld tomorrow night (a mate's band is the main support).  Don't know much about them so intrigued to see what they're like (and probably wouldn't be going if I wasn't getting in for free)

Also in the middle of a week long train strike on my line so not tempted to stay late, but it's a 10.00 curfew so I should be OK to see some of them and get home...famous last words...

I volunteer for FOH duty at a local theatre, and in the next few weeks we have various well-known comedians coming to the "Tringe" (Tring's version of the Edinburgh comedy Fringe), but I’m looking forward to seeing Rainer Hersch, a conductor/musician who brilliantly combines music with comedy.

10 hours ago, Monkey Steve said:

been offered a spot on the guest list for the Vltimas gig at the Underworld tomorrow night (a mate's band is the main support).  Don't know much about them so intrigued to see what they're like (and probably wouldn't be going if I wasn't getting in for free)

Also in the middle of a week long train strike on my line so not tempted to stay late, but it's a 10.00 curfew so I should be OK to see some of them and get home...famous last words...

Let us know what the new Fen material is like 😀

17 hours ago, Monkey Steve said:

I feel quite bad that I haven’t seen them since Pete joined on drums as he’s quite a good mate...maybe I need to google what his Fen band name is before tomorrow night

I love black metal names, they're so daft