Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Got an amazing autumn lined up now:

Saxon, Black Star Riders, Girlschool

Hawkwind 50th anniversary (on my birthday 🙂 )

Phil Campbell and his illegitimate babies

Plus my one brother's band, Stonehouse,  are going up to Scotland to play at my other brother's wife's 60th.

Sounds good, enjoy.

• Thanks 1

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:44, casapete said:

One of my all time favourite bands - which gig are you doing? Have you seen Little Steven is touring in May as well?

Sorry casapete:  I'm a slow reader.

We were at the Glasgow show. Brilliant as always. John Conte is an immaculate bass player.

I saw Little Steven a couple of years ago.  Another great show, Not sure if I'll go again, although my all things New Jersey loving wife might decide otherwise.

• Like 1

Two in London next week, Anaal Nathrakh and Akercocke on Sunday, where I should be catching up with @Monkey Steve and then Cave In and Old Man Gloom on Friday

I'm really looking forward to both of these, which will probably be the only gigs I'll be attending until Damnation in November

4 minutes ago, Graham said:

Two in London next week, Anaal Nathrakh and Akercocke on Sunday, where I should be catching up with @Monkey Steve and then Cave In and Old Man Gloom on Friday

I'm really looking forward to both of these, which will probably be the only gigs I'll be attending until Damnation in November

I'll see you there...though as has come to be expected when I'm coming into town on a weekend, my trains are fecked up so I may not be able to catch much of Anaal Nathrakh

On 02/04/2019 at 10:22, thebigyin said:

UFO tonight Hull New Theatre 50th Anniversary final tour....this will be my 5th time I have seen them first time in 76 classic Mogg, Schenker, Way, Raymond, Parker line up see them again with Tonker Chapman on guitar, then Atomic Tommy M and twice with Vinnie Moore on guitar always a class act...also seen the off-shoots including Fastway and Waysted several times...spent a memorable evening with Pete Way and Fin Muir slightly worse for wear lol at the Yardbirds Grimsby.....sad day for Rock n Roll when such a great band ends.

How was it?

Like yourself, I saw them in the 70s with Schenker and then Chapman, so went to the Leamington gig on this tour (through nostalgia as much as anything - probably not the best reason to go to a gig, trying to rekindle that feeling you had as a wide-eyed 15yo!).

I hadn’t seen/heard Vinnie Moore before and it wasn’t my cup of tea at all. Undoubtedly talented (certainly from a technical perspective) but the whole ‘fretboard frenzy’ thing didn’t really do it for me. It made me realise how good both Schenker and Chapman were in the band, supporting the songs and adding the gloss, when required.

I thought Phil Mogg was fabulous (though the mix did him no favours). He’s such a good vocalist, and hugely overlooked too. For me he is/was UFO.

Lots of great gigs still to come in 2019, in between all the ones I'm performing myself!

Kayak
Stanley Dee (Steely Dan tribute)
Styx
Toto
Corduroy
Cloudbusting (Kate Bush tribute)
Lynyrd Skynyrd/Quo
KISS
ELO Experience (ELO tribute)
Queensryche
Angel
Alice Cooper (hopefully!)

First up Download on sunday June 16 mainly to see Lamb of God, Anthrax (though I'd have preferred the John Bush line up but still), Smashing Pumpkins, Enter Shikari and Slayer.  I'll be interested seeing headliners Tool, though I'm not that familiar with them, and Dream Theater, even though I dont like them that much.

Then in July it's Blue Dot, marking 50th anniversary  moon landings. Cracking line up topped by Kratfwerk. Also New Order, 808 State, John Hopkins. 

• Like 1

On 11/04/2019 at 09:58, Barking Spiders said:

First up Download on sunday June 16 mainly to see Lamb of God, Anthrax (though I'd have preferred the John Bush line up but still), Smashing Pumpkins, Enter Shikari and Slayer.  I'll be interested seeing headliners Tool, though I'm not that familiar with them, and Dream Theater, even though I dont like them that much.

Then in July it's Blue Dot, marking 50th anniversary  moon landings. Cracking line up topped by Kratfwerk. Also New Order, 808 State, John Hopkins. 

Be sure to check out Batushka. 

On 15/04/2019 at 14:30, ProjeKtWEREWOLF said:

Be sure to check out Batushka. 

Ah they look interesting but they're on saturday and I'm only going on sunday as it's, for me, by far the best day though I'd liked to've seen Slipknot.

Dunno how it took me so long to find out Rammstein are at the Milton Keynes bowl  in July. All seating sold out but managed to get 2 x standing tickets. Taking mrs S for her baptism of fire. 

Edited by Barking Spiders

Next one booked for me is Akercocke and Abhorrent Decimation in September, then just got tickets to see Sleep in October. Last booked one of the year is Damnation Festival in November, though I'll be working so will have to see what bands I can get to.

I'm thinking of going to see War On Women in June though, heard their most recent album today and it was really good

I think the next band I'm going to see is Here & Now at the Summer of Love party in Kent in August. I followed them around the free festival circuit back in the 70s and got t know them a bit. Must be nearly 40 years since I saw them though!

Weird part is that they are the second to last band at SoL, and we are the headliners - not going to be easy going on after a band I've admired for so long!

3 hours ago, FinnDave said:

I think the next band I'm going to see is Here & Now at the Summer of Love party in Kent in August. I followed them around the free festival circuit back in the 70s and got t know them a bit. Must be nearly 40 years since I saw them though!

Glad to hear they are still going! I saw them a few times in the mid 80s and Keith was quite an influence on my playing. 

• Like 1