Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

14 hours ago, ambient said:

Steve Lawson with a fabulous synaesthetic artist by the name of Poppy Porter. Steve's music inspires Poppy's painting, which Steve then uses as graphic scores to influence his music.

They're playing this coming Sunday evening at the Tower of song in Birmingham.

:)

I saw that advertised on Facebook, it looks great - let us know what it was like

Just booked tickets to see James Taylor and Bonnie Raitt in July at Leeds.

Don't usually do big gigs, but for these two I've made an exception. Got tickets fairly near the stage so hope

it's a good one. Both have their bands with them too, so hoping on bass duties it's Jimmy Johnson with JT and

Hutch Hutchinson with BR.

Also George Marinelli with BR is one of the best electric guitarists I've seen so can't wait.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm going to see Republica at the Welly Club in Hull. All the more bizarre seeing as I live several hundred miles away in Scotland!!

I used to live in that part of the world so I get to see a band I never saw in the 90s and an excuse for a road trip. I was about to bemoan Saffron being in her 50s now... but so am I 😂

2 hours ago, Simon. said:

Supposed to be going to see Cory Wong next week in Glasgow (26th), but now can't make it - if anyone wants a pair of tickets (free), let me know!

Next on the agenda is Vintage Trouble in March. Fingers crossed...

Seen VT a couple of times, excellent band. Bass player is a top guy.

• Like 1

I was meant to be going to see Gazelle Twin in Bristol a week on Friday, but I'm double booked because I forgot Feb only has 28 days (this year :facepalm:) .

So the next things in my calendar are:

A synth event with some live performances, including Steve Davis (yes, the snooker one)

Terry Riley

then 3 Ned's Atomic Dustbin and Pop Will Eat Itself gigs

Going to see Canadian singer/guitarist-slide/songwriter Joey Landreth at The Boileroom in Guildford....touring small UK venues in April. He is 'rated' by people like Bonnie Raitt to John Hiatt etc. This guy knows his way around his guitar. I saw him at a fantastic gig in The Railway in Winchester a few years ago with his brother in their Bros Landreth band and have to say I was knocked out.

I've sadly missed out on tickets for The Tedeschi Trucks Band at the London Palladium in April.

2 hours ago, CPCustomdubwise said:

Massive Attack, O2 London this coming friday...... 21st Anniversary of Mezzanine

My Christmas present from my kids, the eldest of whom I used to rock to sleep to "Teardrop"....

All kinds of strange - good, though - feelings.

I really wanted to go and see them in Bristol, but failed miserably to do anything about it...