Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

I've got quite a few lined up at the minute,
Lionize, Elder, Radio Moscow, Richie Kotzen, Foo Fighters, Bon Iver, Alter Bridge, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Metallica, Queens of the Stoneage, Opeth and Mastodon are all booked up.

Melvins have just announced a tour so i'll probably go to that too, a busy few months.. and probably time I invested in some decent earplugs! :lol:

Edited by Sammers

Rust for Glory...a really rather good Neil young "tribute" band,featuring our very own Bigjohn on bass guitar. They are at Route 44 in Acocks green, Birmingham.

I have a hotel booked nearby ,continuing my ad hoc tour of the uk watching some fellow basschatte'rs bands .

I won a pair of tickets to see The Searchers in my hometown of Banbury (the venue's two miles from home!) for my mum and dad. Mum's not in the best of health right now so I may well end up taking my dad. He saw them all back in the day; the Searchers were probably the only one of his favourites that he missed seeing. Not the original lineup obviously, but Rickenbacker toting rhythm guitar god John McNally is still with them!

Edited by PaulGibsonBass

Next week at a death metal festival here in Holland: Carcass (was supposed to be Morbid Angel but they cancelled due to passport problems), Macabre, Krisiun, Marduk, Godflesh...

Aaaaaand then in November: Fink, Bonobo, Queens of the Stone Age, and I got a ticket for Steven Wilson in March.

Edited by BassAgent

Cropper, Booker T, Sam Moore, Tom Jones :blink: , Eddie Floyd, & Jools Holland Orchestra at the RAH as part of the Proms.
It's to celebrate/commemorate 50 years since the Stax Volt tour came to Europe.

Jim "Hags" Haggerty, current bassist with The Blues Brothers Band will be there too, not sure if he's playing though.

• 1 month later...

Genuinely excited about this Thursday - Bought tickets earlier this year to see 25 Years Later with Jools Holland at RAH and they've recently announced the line up of Foo Fighters, Paul Weller, Van Morrison, Gregory Porter, Songhoy Blues, Camille, Kali Uchis, Jorja Smith and Dizzie Rascal.

Been checking out the artists I don't know too much about on you tube and all seem OK, not all of them are necessarily my thing but still interesting. Of these artists, I'm really looking forward to hearing Songhoy Blues live - haven't got a scooby doo what they're singing about as they sing in their native language, but the musicianship is incredible; a definite influence from John Lee Hooker, I'd say.

Anyone else on here going?

I was at the Jools recording last night. Absolutely loved it! We were 9 rows back behind Taylor Hawkins' kit and it was so good to watch a band from that perspective and see all the nods / winks. We saw the Foos on Tuesday at the O2 and at Glastonbury so it was a massive bonus when they were announced on Jools. First time I've seen Paul Weller live and his voice is so good. And I loved that Malian band.

What did you think?

There's a regular event held in Birmingham called the Seventh wave festival. They seem to hold 3 events a year.

I saw Richard Barbieri in June, that was brilliant. His last few albums have featured Percy Jones on bass, he played some isolated tracks Percy's playing.

This weekend there's an amazing singer called Tim Bowness, he used to be in a project called no man with Steven Wilson. He's playing Saturday evening with Colin Edwin from Porcupine tree.

Tickets were only £7 at the weekend, regular price is just £14 anyway. Sunday there's an event featuring two guys from the BBC radiophonic workshop.

Edited by ambient