Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1475583460' post='3147069']
The Tubes in Brighton on Saturday week, then Gun in Pompey the following Thursday :)
[/quote]

Mate of mine has got me a ticket to see Gun in Nottm next Tues, can't recall seeing them before.

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1475583460' post='3147069']
The Tubes in Brighton on Saturday week, then Gun in Pompey the following Thursday :)
[/quote]

Whoa, I remember seeing The Tubes back at uni in the late 70s early 80s. Great show, didn't know they were still doing it. Is it still Fee Waybill (or something like that).

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1475737277' post='3148270']
Whoa, I remember seeing The Tubes back at uni in the late 70s early 80s. Great show, didn't know they were still doing it. Is it still Fee Waybill (or something like that).
[/quote] Yes still Fee, Prairie Prince, Roger Steen, Rick Anderson + David Medd, and still a brilliant show

I've seen them every time they've been over in recent years, sometimes twice :D Even make a fleeting appearance in the last Live video when the audience pans across the crowd B)

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1475754675' post='3148465']
Less Than Jake, The Skints and Mariachi El Bronx tonight; taking my eldest for her first proper gig, she doesn't know yet
[/quote]

Mariachi El Bronx are awesome! Probably 1 of my favourite support bands I've seen when they toured with Gogol Bordello, you're in for a right treat! :happy:

[quote name='Sammers' timestamp='1475758030' post='3148508']

Mariachi El Bronx are awesome! Probably 1 of my favourite support bands I've seen when they toured with Gogol Bordello, you're in for a right treat! :happy:
[/quote]

They were great, I also enjoyed The Skints (nice to see a five string on stage), but I think my favourite band of the nught were seven-piece Japanese ska-punk band Kemuri. They were on their first UK, spoke broken English, but were just so happy and energetic.

We only saw the first song in Less Than Jake's set unfortunately, as my daughter had fallen asleep three times by the time they came on stage, so we decided to call it a night.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1475846654' post='3149192']
Kraftwerk... Bridgewater Hall, Manchester... in June 2017! :blink:

I [i]really[/i] need to sort out a few other gigs before then.
[/quote]

I failed to get tickets for Kraftwerk in Birmingham and Bristol... :(

Just bought tickets for Deaf Havana and Trivium (Seperately, that would be an odd lineup) in February next year. Coming up next for me is Bring Me The Horizon and Enter Shikari in London, followed by Bring Me again in Birmingham four days later.

Looks like my total for this year so far is 16. Now i know where my money goes.

Edited by LiamPodmore

Saw the Cure tonight in Helsinki, opening night of the tour.
Over 30 years since I saw them last and have to say for me they had lost nothing.
Gallup still managed to look very cool playing his own Schecter sig bass.
They played for over 3 hours which I also thought was great.
[url="https://flic.kr/p/MVN3hw"][/url][url="https://flic.kr/p/MVN3hw"]The Cure Helsinki 7.10.16[/url]

Level 42 in a couple of weeks - at the Apollo - can't wait.

This will be the 4th time I've seen them - 1981 (Birmingham Uni Union Bar); 1990 (Ipswich Regent); 2007 (Eastbourne Conquest) and 2016 (Apollo London) - once per decade!!

Edited by drTStingray