Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1466519333' post='3076446']

That will be awesome! If you have the Live in London set from a few years ago, I'm somewhere in the audience.
[/quote]

Cool, I'm a new fan. There wont be anyone there on a Tuesday night. I hope I can chat with Doug.

Blue

Edited by blue

• 2 weeks later...

The Stranglers at Grassington Festival tonight.

Change of plan as I was hoping to go to Love Supreme again this year but seeing my hero will go some way to make up for that.

I saw them a couple of years ago in Portsmouth. I managed to get close enough to the front to see that I had been playing Nice N Sleazy wrong all these years.

I'd been starting the familiar blues scale run down on the 4th fret of G as it made sense to my logical mind to not move my hand and play the A open. I should have thought less and listened more!

[quote name='troubadour' timestamp='1467361126' post='3083035']

I'd been starting the familiar blues scale run down on the 4th fret of G as it made sense to my logical mind to not move my hand and play the A open. I should have thought less and listened more!
[/quote]

JJ plays from the 9th fret on the D

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1465473554' post='3068538']
Men Imitating Machines next week. They are doing a tour and well worth watching.
[/quote]

I saw these at some point last year in Bolton. They were certainly an interesting band to watch whilst slightly drunk. They were both wearing superhero outfits too if memory serves me correctly.

Hi, I'm off to the local Picturedrome to see Robin Trower with Stevie Nimmo as support, the 'supports' are always better than Trower. Can't get enough of those Nimmo bros or KingKing with Alan Nimmo fronting, just one man's opinion. hah ! 🐾

[quote name='wmsheep' timestamp='1459370235' post='3015975']
Marillion in Manchester towards the end of the year.

Well, that is the only one planned so far - loads of time to get other gigs in!!
[/quote]

Just ordered tickets for 3 gigs next year - next April (I like to book in advance!!!) am off to see Marillion at Leicester, and the following night am going to see Marillion in Leicester (again), finally followed on the third night by, erm Marillion in.... no, I'll let you guess the location.

Ok, it's the Marillion UK weekender next April at Leicester De Montford Hall, and I am guessing there are some other bands on the bill too!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I hardly go to gigs I'm not playing these days, between the band and the family there's not a huge amount of time to go see bands, but I've got three in three months coming up soon.

First up is Anaal Nathrakh in London at the start of September, got Voices and The Infernal Sea in support too which I'm looking forward to. They really are one of the few bands that will drag me into the Capital these days.

Then in October I'm taking my eldest to see Less Than Jake and The Skints in Brixton, which will be her first proper gig.

In November I'm off too Leeds for Damnation Festival, I used to go every year, but post-children it's harder; however I've managed to wrangle this as a last weekend away before our third child is due in December, as I really couldn't miss Cult Of Luna performing Mariner alongside Electric Wizard, Akercocke, Abbath and Nails.