Why become a member? ×

Who are you seeing live next?

Japhet

Paul McCartney - in Portland, second gig of the world tour.

Did I ever tell you I saw the Beatles? Attending the Cream reunion 11 years ago, I was assaulted by a bunch of people taking 'my' picture on smartphones. I turned round to see, in a box behind me, fellow audience members Macca, Heather Mills, Ringo, Barbara Bach and Tom Hanks.

By the encore they'd long since disappeared into the night...but I saw the Beatles, all right?! 😆

• 5 weeks later...

Eagulls this Friday night at the Brudenell. Tough call, because The Fall are playing in Leeds on the same night, exactly 29 years to the day since I first saw them...but I'm taking my son to Eagulls, and they've been excellent the 2 times I've seen them.

[quote name='Sammers' timestamp='1462818681' post='3046001']
Next gig for me is Iggy Pop at the RAH, but our digs have fell through so may have to pull an all nighter in London and get the first train home!
[/quote]

Me too! So looking forward to it. Some lovely bass on that new album!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got myself tickets for Kamasi Washington at the Birmingham Institute on 29th June.

I've been to a few jazz clubs over the years but this will be my first 'big name' jazz gig.

Really quite excited.

No details on the band yet but if he brings Thundercat & Patrice Quinn that'll be a massive bonus, if not then it's still all good.

Edited by Cato