Why become a member? ×

Who did you see live last?

ubit

The Enid at the Stables in MK, 1st night touring their new opus 'Dust' Singer has definite 'Freddy Mercury' leanings which has altered the whole outlook of The Enid's symphonic rock catalogue. Definitely worth a look if you fancy something a bit different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmJi1cwKU2Y

Edited by Oopsdabassist

my Prog chums The Far Meadow, followed by the brilliant A Formal Horse, at my local The Bedford in Balham, last Sunday. Look them on facebook to see my photos from the event!

next recently Steve Hackett, Snarky Puppy, Zappa Plays Zappa, Steven Wilson.

coming soon: Jaga Jazzist, Dave Matthews Band.

If we are not referring to 'local' gigs, I saw Camel in Bath. I am not particularly a camel fan, but I was very impressed.

I had tickets for Spocks Beard last month, but I had just come back from the states and I was just too tired to go.

Edited by Woodinblack

Paul Young a couple of weeks ago at The Empire Hall, Graffham - a small village hall venue - with his Americana band Los Pacaminos. They were great, he was charming and his voice as good as ever (as were everyone else who sang). Sound was average - couldn't hear the pedal steel very well but still a great gig.
Then last week saw a local band in who were great players but not a great band - didn't seem to be all on the same wavelength. Still, managed to get a gig for my band at the venue early in the new year so worthwhile!

Edited by phil.c60

Protomartyr and Metz at London's Scala this Sunday gone. Both absolutely great.

Gear: PJ hot rod 60s Fender (Ithink) played with a pick through 8x10 ampeg, and a Gibson RD played with a pick through crazyily noisy and swirlng effects through the same cab, respectively.

The Bohicas about a month a go at the Birmingham Institute.

Very good young indie band.

In an attempt to prove we're not past it me and a few friends try to see a live band in Brum or Coventry at least once a month.

Who we go to see depends more on whoever happens to be playing on a date when we can all make it out rather than whether any of us have actually heard of the band.

Still,we've seen some cracking young bands over the last few years.

Edited by Cato

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1446580569' post='2900596']
Last month I saw ANTA & Acid Mothers Temple, The Dead Rat Orchestra and Godspeed You! Black Emperor and then Voivod, Napalm Death, Obituary and Carcass.
[/quote]

I guess you couldn't get tickets for Spandau Ballet then...

The mighty Eureka Machines doing a shakedown gig for their current tour, great band and lovely chaps to boot.

The next gigs will be my Other Half's daughter's band, The Bara Bara Band, this coming Friday in Lancaster, then a "Battle of the Bands" thing in Preston next week featuring Sky Valley Mistress, who as their debut ep states are "the best thing you've never heard". :)

Joe Bonamassa at Brighton Centre on Saturday. Michael Rhodes on bass, who was very impressive - nothing flashy but real quality. The band were class and JB did his usual thing but I found the whole thing strangely a bit dull ! I think it was the audience who sat politely in their seats the whole way through - I could have been watching it at home on DVD for all the atmosphere that was in the place. It was certainly anything but dull in Brighton town centre after the gig though when I tried to get a swift pint after the gig with the Mrs - it wasHalloween night - fighting my way to the bar through the fancy dress students!

Editors at Hammersmith. Awesome band - I can't believe they haven't had more success. Before that it was The Strokes at Hyde Park, with the added bonus of Future Islands as support, and the drawback of Beck.

Even though I live in London decent bands at venues other than the O2 (O Poo more like) are few and far between.