Why become a member? ×

Who did you see live last?

ubit

Had the great pleasure of seeing our own casapete's ELO Experience at the Hall for Cornwall in Truro last night. Due to the Hall being completely rebuilt into a superb 1300 seat theatre over the past few years they'd not made the long haul down here for some considerable time.  It was pretty much a full house and we were not disappointed.  A great evening with the audience in fine voice.  Needless to say I caught up with Pete before the show for a chat.

• Thanks 1

On 11/06/2022 at 09:33, SteveXFR said:

Bad Religion in Bristol on Wednesday night.

Incredibly good live band who get better each time I see them. They're the tightest, most professional punk band and quite obviously love performing. 

The venue was Motion, really good place with better sound than the O2 Academy across town and much more reasonable drink prices and excellent security.

Support was from UK Subs who were absolutely brilliant. 

High on Fire coming up in a couple weeks at The Fleece. Can't wait for that one.

I'm amazed Charlie Harper is still alive, let alone still gigging! 🤣

1 hour ago, MacDaddy said:

1 hour ago, SteveXFR said:

Still sounding pretty decent and looking surprisingly healthy

He does live a fairly healthy life nowadays, think he’s had to admit to himself the time for wild living has passed. I just hope that when I’m that age I’ll still have the enthusiasm and energy that he has. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacDaddy said:

I remember going to a UK Subs gig nearly 40 years ago, and the audience were chanting "Charlie Harper is an old age pensioner"

So it's good to see him still at it and in good form.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

I remember going to a UK Subs gig nearly 40 years ago, and the audience were chanting "Charlie Harper is an old age pensioner"

So it's good to see him still at it and in good form.

Tenuous UK Subs connection: I was once in a band whose previous bassist was the original (or maybe second) UK Subs bassist.

edit: I've checked the history books and turn out I preceded him. And this band's timeline is marginally simpler than that of the UK Subs

Edited by toneknob
  • Like 1

Aswad, about half an hour ago at Bath's Pub In The Park. Still sounding great after all these years. Gad was using a very tasty dark red Tune Bass Maniac (or similar) 4 string with gold hardware, couldn't see his backline alas. 

PSX_20220618_153206.jpg

• Like 2

I've just got in from seeing Bob Mould in Stoke on Trent. Fantastic gig. I only knew 2 songs but that didn't detract from it at all. 

Bob was in Husker Du then went on to form Sugar before going solo. 

He's got a few more dates to play in the UK. If you get a chance, nip along to see him.  It's just him and his guitar on stage. 

On 12/06/2022 at 02:46, HornetPinata said:

(picture taken from overoslo.no, from last year I think)

1594141717_Screenshotoveroslo.thumb.png.d12a79d7f2a13ca18066fbde1356a8a3.png

“Inexcusably poor English” …It’s your second language, and it’s a complicated one. Cut yourself some slack. 

Saw Red Hot Chili Peppers at Old Trafford cricket ground last night. First time I’ve ever been to that particular venue. The guests staying at the Hilton on site had a great view from their balconies. Was meant to be going with a group of friends, but for various reasons a lot couldn’t make it and it ended up just the wife and myself. Had a great time, band sounded good, would’ve liked Fleas bass a little higher in the mix but I guess I’m biased, and it could’ve been down to where we were standing, as always seems to be the way at outdoor gigs. Caught some of Thundercat set, he seems like a very likeable chap, but I got kind of bored after a while. Have to say, I hope I’ve still got Fleas stage energy at 59yrs old, he’s like a puppy being let off the lead! 

Edited by ern500evo

On 23/06/2022 at 06:01, kevin_lindsay said:

Public Image Limited in Glasgow - Wed 22nd June.

Dear goodness,  that was dire. 

Saw these in Nottingham on Thursday and they were great!

Have posted a review in the sadly underused 'The Gig Reviews Thread'. 

Better late than never I guess, saw Khurangbin at Leeds O2 Academy on Tuesday. They were awesome - would love to have caught the Glastonbury set in person to compare.

KhG.jpg

KhW.jpg

KhWR.jpg

Edited by howdenspur
Photos...

Just had a weekend working backstage at Hyde Park BST Festival (Friday & Sunday). Elton John and The Eagles were both fantastic, as were the Wandering Hearts. Robert Plant/Alison Krauss were pretty good too and a new act called Juanita Euka had some great bass/drums grooves happening....

13 hours ago, bnt said:

Last concert I saw was Steven Wilson in Dublin. I thought it was a couple of years ago, but I pulled up the ticket email and it was actually March 2018. Yikes.

Yeh, I saw him there, and had a ticket to the next one but that got cancelled.