Why become a member? ×

Who did you see live last?

ubit

Megadeth & Kiss 2 weekends ago. We got approached by some Kiss' tech and my 5 y/o boy (in Catman makeup) got a lightly used drumstick from Eric Singer (with some hand gunk still on it). Fabulous.

Edited by andruca
  • Like 1

Huge gig goer to be fair; average 15 -20 gigs a year; last saw Hugh Cornwall support the great Wilko Johnson, Norman Roy Watt is definitely a good watch.

Huge Stranglers fan ; and JJ Burnel inspired me to choose the bass when I was around 12 yrs old and follow these guys on tour every year.

Managed also to see the great Victor Wooten last year; what a gig that was.

The Queers played a fantastic gig in Audio,Glasgow. TIny venue and only about 60 folk in attendance. No matter the lads were on form and battered out a high energy set.

Caught the 2nd support act, The Attack. Very impressed,maybe 2 dozen in the crowd but they delivered the goods 😎

Both will go down a storm at Rebellion next week 👍

On 19/07/2018 at 09:38, Dad3353 said:

Hmm... Guttural migraine-inducing intensity Gojira rip-off. Hmm... not a fan; sorry. ¬¬

Bit of a stretch to say they’re ripping Gojira off IMO.

OT: Saw Earthless on Sunday night, gutted I missed them earlier in the year but there wasn’t a b’ham date and I couldn’t make it to the other gigs. They made up for it though, Isaiah Mitchell is something else!

Edited by Sammers

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

For the first time in ages I have something to contribute to this thread!

Did anyone else get along to Danzig last week in Brixton? Great show; only got into them in the last few years thanks to Mrs Mooseblaster, and it was a bit of a treat for us that the set featured a lot from the first few albums.

Damn, I would have been there if I had known they were playing... I just dont pay enough attention sometimes 😞

Did catch Maiden at the O2 on Friday, awesome as always 🤘

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see Einstürzende Neubauten at a free frestival in Ypres, Belgium on Saturday. It was part of a series of events that are commemorating the end of World War One.

1E409059-C2A7-4A03-BE4C-3D3104C28109.thumb.jpeg.dce6475348b796beba755c2b9b4105a9.jpeg

I then saw them again in Heerlen, Netherlands, last night.

9601B876-7C6D-48CF-9DDF-7E7C0A0CDC73.thumb.jpeg.abbfb969790975dc231d14978552b9f1.jpeg

Have a restful day today, then a long drive back to Wales tomorrow..

• Like 2

Recently i saw a Frank Zappa tribute band called Pygmy Twylyte for only 2 nights during the Edinburgh festival they had Ex Zappa plays Zappa singer Ben Thomas guesting. It was incredible! The guitarist can play in the style of Frank and swap to a more Vai impression if needed. I never had the fortune to see Frank but love this band for keeping the music of Zappa going.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last Friday I had tickets for Cloudbursting at the Oran Mor in Glasgow,our own @sprocketflup  performs the bass duties. Sadly my old mam had a stroke that afternoon so I missed the gig ☹️

Good news was Cloudbursting were back in Scotland the following week,playing our town hall 👍 Great evening and by christ Mandy can sing.

Any folks here appreciate Kate Bush ? Well get your backsides along to see Cloudbursting. 

http://cloudbustingkatebushtribute.com/index.html 

• Thanks 1

Went to see Garbage, at The Festival Theatre Edinburgh.

My niece's band, Honeyblood, were supporting them on their UK tour.

Honeyblood were fabulous, as always, and Garbage were great too.

I met Duke Erikson, while he was outside having a sly fag, and he said they were pretty nervous as this was a brand new set with some songs, included, that they'd never played before. Their set went well, until Shirley Manson lost the monitor mix in her earplugs. The band had to stop in the middle of a song, until the monitor engineer got his act together, and they could start again.

But all in all, it was a great night.

18 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

Last Friday I had tickets for Cloudbursting at the Oran Mor in Glasgow,our own @sprocketflup  performs the bass duties. Sadly my old mam had a stroke that afternoon so I missed the gig ☹️

Sorry to hear about the stroke, but aren't they Cloudbusting as in the song, rather than Cloudbursting?

• Like 1

Not a gig as such but I saw The Trailer Park Boys (Canadian comedy series on Netflix) live in Glasgow on Sunday night. It was like no other gig, concert, comedy show I have ever been too it was more like one big party involving the audience and by far the best thing I've been to in a long long time.

Bubbles did do his classic song 'Liquor and whores' which had the whole place singing.

Can't wait to see then again.

Also gained massive dad points by surprising my son with the tickets as he's a massive fan.

As Bubbles would say 'Deeeeeeeecent' :-)

At Angola 76 a food and drink venue in Shaftsbury watching Bowie Fashion a Bowie tribute act. Really good, great sound and playing by all. Bassist has a 5 string Status and a Markbass rig.....Oh dear, Bassist has switched on his led fret markers for the second set.........

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Haha 1