Why become a member? ×

November Composition Challenge - GET WRITING!

Skol303

I'm in. This is what 1hr and 15mins gets you in the boy household.
I'm not very proud of it. Nor do I think it's worthy of any votes but it's the taking part that counts.
Enjoy...... That's a bit hopeful but anyway have a listen it won't kill ya. I'm certain of that.

https://m.soundcloud.com/theboysings/i-loved-her-since-we-were

;)

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1448289622' post='2914166']...have a listen it won't kill ya. I'm certain of that...
[/quote]

Good gracious..! Be warned that the level of volume is rather higher than some other entries, so be careful when first launching. Well worth the listen (and more still..!), but a shock when using headphones in a quiet room..! :swoon:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1448290464' post='2914173']

Good gracious..! Be warned that the level of volume is rather higher than some other entries, so be careful when first launching. Well worth the listen (and more still..!), but a shock when using headphones in a quiet room..! :swoon:
[/quote]
Yeah I know..... Sorry......I'm not sure what happened. I'd normally mess about with the levels etc for a bit but I didn't have time so it's pretty raw.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1448290754' post='2914181']
Yeah I know..... Sorry......I'm not sure what happened. I'd normally mess about with the levels etc for a bit but I didn't have time so it's pretty raw.
[/quote]

Pretty raucous..! In the best possible way, though; good stuff. Just a bit of a shock when it first bursts in..! :D

Edited by Dad3353

I was at a customers house today and he mentioned he was looking at folk songs on the web as he regularly attends local clubs , so as a laugh I pointed him at my entry this month ................. He only thinks its OK and asked if his outfit could learn it and play it at the club .... gobsmacked isn't even close :lol:

Done! Very last minute for me this month... cobbled together late yesterday night and this evening.

I got a "Grimm's Fairytale" type vibe from the picture; something a bit spooky, earthy and Wiccan - in an Edward Woodward / Christopher Lee sort of way, possibly directed by Guillermo del Toro. Yeah, you know what I mean.

Anyway. My original idea was some kind of Eastern-European-sounding folkish ditty on acoustic guitar, something about planting acorns and the cycle of life. But I completely ran out of time. So instead I created a messy, dubstep number (if all else fails, make it noisy). Here you go:

http://soundcloud.com/skollob/grimm

I had fun trying to make the various synths "talk" and "yawn" by fecking around with various formant frequencies. And that's about as far as it got ;)

[color=#800000][b]The voting thread will be posted up sometime tomorrow morning.[/b][/color]

As always, well done to everyone who submitted a track. I'm looking forward to hearing them all!