Why become a member? ×

NACGBD a redefining of my bass experience..

TommyK

On a bit of a whim I did a trade for this truly wonderful ACG Finn bass (thanks Rory 😊). I kinda fancied a fiddle with a filter pre-amp. If I'm honest, I thought it might well be a bit of a passing through bass. It's quite "out there" for me. I've always been a fairly traditional bass sort.. Musicman/Fender is where it's always been at for me or one of their clones or copies.

[URL=http://s959.photobucket.com/user/vortexholsteins/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsojtemam1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae79/vortexholsteins/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsojtemam1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

If you haven't tried one...do. I can honestly say it knocks every bass I've ever owned into a cocked hat. (I've owned some really nice basses too)

The filter pre-amp is a total revelation. Why don't more basses have them? It's such a good and obvious idea when you think about it.. The range of tones is almost infinite AND I seem to be able to get a lot of those tones in my head that I can never quite get...bonus!!! (I'm thinking Tool and BSSM type noises originally produced from Wals I guess mainly)

The asymmetric neck profile.. (I was not expecting it to be my cup of tea) it's just brilliant! So ergonomic... And again fairly obvious when you think about it...

Finally the finish, balance and general feel and resonance of the thing are just inspiring. I practiced with it for about 4 straight hours 2 nights in a row... I haven't done that in at least 10yrs...

I am seriously considering selling all my other basses and maybe even commissioning an Uber spec one..

Happy days!

Edited by TommyK

A lovely looking bass and a nice story Tommy. Thanks for sharing.
It's amazing how a leap into change can kick-start things.
After years of being a Fender + Yamaha man I recently took the plunge on my first Warwick.
A slightly mistreated 5 sting Corvette, and I'm loving it.
Maybe we should suggest enforced bass changes on Basschatters! I reckon it would rekindle a lot of enthusiasm for playing.

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1446182071' post='2897523']
Maybe we should suggest enforced bass changes on Basschatters! I reckon it would rekindle a lot of enthusiasm for playing.
[/quote]

Eh? GAS is bad enough without enforcing bass changes! And think of the oceans of seller's regret...

Congratulations mate!
Fantastic bass you've got there!
I'm a massive ACG fan, and the filter preamps are just ridiculously good, just wait till you try the DFM version you get in the custom and uber basses...

Enjoy!
Eude

Lovely story! This was actually the bass that inspired the wood combination on my own Custom ACG bass build (currently being built!). I knew I wanted darker tone woods and I liked the aesthetics and then I saw this in the 'for sale' section and it just looks stunning. It's great to hear that you've really fallen for it and that its inspired you to play. Enjoy :-)

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1446201761' post='2897633']
Congratulations mate!
Fantastic bass you've got there!
I'm a massive ACG fan, and the filter preamps are just ridiculously good, just wait till you try the DFM version you get in the custom and uber basses...

Enjoy!
Eude
[/quote]

What Eude said. Although I really like the SEQ as well.

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1446216541' post='2897827']
just spent a good 5 mins trying to work out the acronym in the title only to realise the acg is spelt wrong! :facepalm: must admit thats cracking, i could seriously be tempted by an ACG lovley looking things.
[/quote]

😂😂😂oops, sorry about that...