Why become a member? ×

World's best tribute band

stevie

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1446546971' post='2900124']
Was on a cruise several years ago and took this clip with my crappy mobile phone, so sound quality is not the best

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTpNWaDAs-s"]https://www.youtube....h?v=HTpNWaDAs-s[/url]

These guys were using very basic gear and just a vocal P.A. No harmonising pedals or any sneaky stuff.
[/quote]
I've just checked this and some of their other clips on Youtube , and the harmonies are really really good . That Joseph has a great voice

Few yrs ago at Harley Davidson bike rally in St Tropez I saw a French AC/DC tribute act called SCOTLAND who spoke French, sang English copying an Aussie band and the name speaks for itself. Very good band and thoroughly enjoyed and i'm not even an AC/DC fan really.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1446373444' post='2898798']
Not read the whole thread but the best tribute band I ever saw many moons ago was dressed to kill a Kiss tribute and "Gene Simmons is a BC member how cool is that :)
[/quote]

Cheers chap! That's me :)
Doing a tribute properly is about so much more than just playing the songs..... it's about making the effort with the 'look' and/or 'production', using the same instruments and recreating the 'vibe' of the original act amongst other things....

There are different approaches to tributes, from folks just doing songs by a band to the whole production, dressing up thing. Horses for courses. The whole thing fails to grab me but I am not going to be the target audience so that is irrelevant. Best will depend on what you are expecting. Personally, I'd pay to see cetera doing a dep in a big band whilst sporting the full Simmons get up!

Going to see Think Floyd (take a wild guess) at the world famous, compact n bijou, Evesham Arts centre at the beginning of Feb. Only 5 minutes walk for us, and there's a bar...

On the plus side the venue is that small you can see what strings the bass player is using on stage and also get a drink at the bar without leaving your seat.

Downside is the band couldn't get a lot of their light show on the stage last time i saw them.

Anyone seen their full light show?

Happy New Year to y'all

Sam

I ate a tribute band last night and it tasted Fxxking orrible

better off with home made soup any day the tinned variety is not in comparison

as for old codger re unions ..they are just stealing your money and satisfying their over inflated egos

oh.... and shagging your daughters ..

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1451645279' post='2941976']Personally, I'd pay to see cetera doing a dep in a big band whilst sporting the full Simmons get up!
[/quote]

I'd play Van Morrison's 'Moondance' in full get-up just for you Bilbo ;)