Why become a member? ×

Invapay...?

iamtheelvy

1 hour ago, FinnDave said:

Played quite a few gigs for GK pubs int he last year or so, all paid via Invapay. No problems except one where the LL was sacked on the night of the gig - once I found the replacement, we were paid straight away. The small fee (usually about £3.00) is insignificant.

3 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

Just signed up , having got one under my belt it will be easy enough for the next ones , the pub suggested I invoice the £3 on top of the gig fee , so I did :D

Got our first coming up with GK, so this is all useful / reassuring to hear!

6 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

Just signed up , having got one under my belt it will be easy enough for the next ones , the pub suggested I invoice the £3 on top of the gig fee , so I did :D

Yep, we do that, too!

• 1 month later...
On 02/05/2018 at 21:24, lurksalot said:

We've just had the 1am "You'll be paid by Invapay" conversation. I've been to the website but can't see any way of creating an account. How did you do it?

Cheers!

They should send you a link to your E Mail , so you can sing up

It is however , one of the most awkward things that I've had to set up .

I fix Broadband lines for a living , yet I found it really frustrating to navigate - might have been me though

30 minutes ago, colleya said:

We've just had the 1am "You'll be paid by Invapay" conversation. I've been to the website but can't see any way of creating an account. How did you do it?

Cheers!

I took cash the first time as they hadn't 'invited' us to invapay.

effectively , the pub sends you an email, you then have to follow a link to set yourself up . 

You then take, or email the pub, an invoice for the gig fee and the pub then raise a payment ticket on invapay

The pub then pay invapay , who, a week later, pay you and charge 2.5% for the privilege , the money goes into the bank account you chose when you set up your invapay account. 

I think you have to go to your account and confirm some details to approve the payment, but It is not an intuitive process on the whole.

I only do 3 gigs a year there so I have to think it through each time myself 🤔

• 1 year later...

I have a weekly gig at GK so it’s ok for me, yes there is a small fee for the service but once you’ve got the hang of it your fine. The pub generate “your services” then you receive an email from Invapay with the details, once you’ve checked it and happy just accept payment. You will then receive another email to say it has been dispatched and will be paid direct to your bank.  My only issue is when the LL forgets to generate your service invoice! My LL forgets but I now remind her every week. You receive a confirmation email of “delivery of goods”that is your invoice for you to print off if you wish. 👍

We add £5 to our fee when payment is via Invapay. For managers who 'forget' to send us the invitation, we have email text and printed requests to pester them with.

Incidentally, after some controversy with one pub manager, I received a message from Greene King on Invapay. Excerpt below.

Greene King Brewing & Retailing Ltd wrote:
Please note that the correct process for orders received via Invapay is as follows:
1) General Manager at pub raises order on Invapay to supplier
2) Area Manager reviews order
3) Supplier accepts order
4) Supplier completes work/provides service
5) General Manager at pub goods receipts order which releases the order for payment.
6) Greene King make payment to supplier within 3-5 working days

PLEASE DO NOT AGREE TO PERFORM WORK WITHOUT HAVING RECEIVED AN ORDER VIA INVAPAY FIRST.

Every time I don't get an invitation at the first attempt, I email again quoting that message. It usually works. :)

17 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

We add £5 to our fee when payment is via Invapay. For managers who 'forget' to send us the invitation, we have email text and printed requests to pester them with.

Incidentally, after some controversy with one pub manager, I received a message from Greene King on Invapay. Excerpt below.

Every time I don't get an invitation at the first attempt, I email again quoting that message. It usually works. :)

No Purchase Order, no Payment, is the backbone of modern Accounts Payable functioning - we'd be buggered without it at work, and we make it very difficult for our people who 'forget' to tell suppliers this because they think it makes ordering goods too slow. 

Also agree with adding the fees on - why should the band lose out, they didn't choose the payment method!

• Like 1

Hey! 

Just joined at the request of a venue. Just wondering how long people have had to wait for the money from Invapay? Again its for a GK pub, but the guy running it has been a bit funny about a few things......   

Cal 

My previous band had to wait several weeks once as the landlady of the pub was sacked either immediately after or during the gig. Her replacement didn't arrive for a week or two, so there was no one to authorise the payment. Then we had to convince the new guy that the gig had actually taken place! We were paid in full, eventually, though. 

• 3 months later...

You don't have to be VAT registered; you will have to confirm that you aren't on every transaction you work on, but that's it.

IIRC, you simply sign up with your email address and a password, give them a lot of personal information, including your bank details for them to make transfers to. From then on, a few days before the gig, you give your name and email address or phone number to the pub manager to start the ball rolling, so they can create a purchase order they will eventually send you. You acknowledge that purchase order, then sign it off and send it over once you've played the gig. The pub will then sign it off and request head office to pay you.

In theory this takes 3-4 working days if the initial purchase order arrives before the gig.

Do keep in mind that Invapay takes its cut from the transaction, so always add £5 to your normal fee whenever you're paid through this system if you don't want to end up shortchanged, albeit by just a few pounds.