Why become a member? ×

Where Have I Been All This Time?

Pete Academy

[quote name='Pete Academy' timestamp='1445990790' post='2896057']
My advice is: Don't worry about not drinking and save your life instead.
[/quote]

Good for you PA, glad to hear you've got yourself well. It's 5 years in Feb since gave up drinking professionally, so the memories of getting myself sober are still very fresh for me. I know it can be a tough journey.

Really chuffed for you - welcome back to the world.

Edited by ahpook

• 3 months later...

Good read, glad you've survived and come out the other side
I'm in the glass prison at the moment I cant stop at 2 drinks and continue until all the booze is gone or I'm skint. My band members don't drink but I'm drinking 3 hours before gigs and I know my performances suffer
I've tried to give up I just don't have the strength

Your in my prayers for a full recovery.

Went through something similar, started drinking at age 14 stopped by age 23. And when I say stopped , I mean no alcohol period.

That was 40 year's ago. Playing has been much more enjoyable,productive and creative substance free.

Blue

[quote name='christhammer666' timestamp='1456678839' post='2991314']
I've tried to give up I just don't have the strength
[/quote]

Who told you you don't have the strength? We all have that strength in us. It sometimes takes finding the right person or motivation to bring out that strength but it is there in all of us.

I had wondered where you'd been Pete and missed you at the last nearly dan gig I went to the other week.
I'm so pleased that you're on the mend and hope that you're back on the road again soon.
Echoing all the above sentiments well done for taking the right step. So many don't.
Keep well and all the very best to you and yours
Mike

Realising and admitting you actually have a problem is half the battle, unfortunailty it often takes the wheels falling off for that to happen. Luckily you had good folk around you to pick you up, and now that your on your own two feet, take strength from each day you stand strong.
Thoughts are with you for positivity and progress buddy, keep on keepin on.

Wonky.