Why become a member? ×

Where Have I Been All This Time?

Pete Academy

Hey man, hope you're ok..

I haven't been up the shop for months so diidn't know you weren't there. The lads never mentioned anything on a Tuesday either.

If you ever fancy a coffee, just give me a shout.

Kind regards, Matt Sound

Good luck Pete, having been in a similar situation myself, I can say with experience, you`re making one of the best decisions you`ll ever make. The thing that screams at me from your post is the positivity in it. I wish you all the best and if you ever want to chat please PM me.

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1446018865' post='2896122']
Good on you for getting it sorted!
I kind of have a question regarding a friend.
No, this isn't one of those "friend" situations, but i don't want to derail the thread from your achievements. Could i PM you?
[/quote]

Feel free to PM me as well/instead of if it`s too early for Pete. I`m 8 years down the line.

Pete, I've never met you or had any real involvement with you on here but your post is one of the bravest and most profound I've read. You sound like a strong person and you clearly have a lot of friends here. I sincerely wish you all the very best on your journey.

[quote name='elcastillian' timestamp='1446049602' post='2896521']
Well done Pete, one day at a time.

Always enjoyed your playing with the Nearlies.

Gaslighting Abbie, keep it in your sights.
[/quote]
Thanks mate. We actually did Gasligbting years ago but only lasted about 3 times in the set. I nailed it, but it fried my brain doing so.

Well done man, my ex wife was an alcoholic and it basically destroyed our marriage. It made me seriously revise my own attitude to alcohol too.

I hope you continue to get the support you need and stay away from the booze. It's so ingrained in our culture that it will be hard, but it can be done as other members on here have proved. Respect to you for meeting it head on and opening up about it on the forum.

Just wanna express a "me too!" as to the respect I have for your battle and your OP, and wish you well on the demanding road ahead.

I hope and trust you've read up on the effects of alcoholism on one's personality.
If not, then I think it's smart to do so. You'll have to adapt, see.

All the best!
Bert