Why become a member? ×

Wilkinson MWJB Jazz bass pickups. Full set. £25 Shipped.
£25

Practically unused set of Wilkinson MWJB jazz bass pickups. Bridge and neck position. Sounds lovely and clear and a good cheap upgrade from stock pickups.

Installed in a Jazz bass once, used for an hour.

£25 Shipped or £20 picked up from Wimbledon London. If these don't sell by tomorrow, I will be putting them up on ebay.

Payment by Bank transfer.

Edited by Shockwave

• 4 years later...
32 minutes ago, Big Rich said:

@paul_5 Are Wlkinsons worth getting, I've got a cheap J&D Jazz and the output of the stock pickups are WEAK !!    My budget doesn't stretch to the lofty heights of Seymour Duncans, Aguilar etc so I was looking at some Wilkinsons.

Excellent sounding pickups. I have some posh basses, with some posh pickups and these sound just as good as much more expensive brands. Mine were installed in a body I bought secondhand. They sounded so good, I kept them on the bass.

Edited by gjones
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, gjones said:

Excellent sounding pickups. I have some posh basses, with some posh pickups and these sound just as good as much more expensive brands. Mine were installed in a body I bought secondhand. They sounded so good, I kept them on the bass.

Seconded.

They'll get you 99% of the way there for a fraction of the cost. Wilkinson stuff is superb. Especially at the price. 

• Like 1

I just installed a set of new Wilkinson WOJB Jazz Bass pickups in my J&D Jazz Bass and the output of the D and G strings  are about 30% compared to the 100% of the E and A strings.  The pole pieces are all level and my soldering is fine but the standout thing for me was the unequal magnets on the back of the neck pickup, the E and A have a thick magnet but the D and G have a much thinner magnet, more than coincidence I’m thinking.

Is this the problem?    The bridge pickup has one magnet along the whole pickup, as did the old pickups.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

AEB204DA-BA8C-49F2-AF75-36F2D38635FF.jpeg