Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Ltd. 1989 - sold!
£1200

Satrugar

Now sold!

Price now reduced to [b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£[/font][/color]1100[/b] including hardcase and shipping!

I have to thin the herd a bit, so with a heavy heart I'm offering my Warwick Streamer Ltd. 1989.

Afaik this was the first "real" Ltd that Warwick ever produced (besides the 5th anniversary model), this is Nr 85 of 100 that were built.

Specs:

- Wenge/Maple neck with Ebony fretboard, 24 frets, 34" scale, Just-A-Nut I brass
- Birdseye Maple top, Maple back (with a bit of flame going on there)
- passive Bartolini MM-pickup, MEC 2-band-EQ (stacked volume/balance with push/pull for active/passive, stacked bass/treble also with push/pull - but no idea what exactly it does :blush:)
- weight is a bit above 4 kg on my bathroom scale

The Streamer was owned from new by a professional german bassist before I got it. He used it as his main studio bass for ~20 years. It has been taken care of extremely well, has never been abused, was regularly cleaned and waxed and is therefore in top-notch condition. Trussrod, electronics etc. are working flawlessly.
It plays and sounds great, the action is nice and low and the whole bass feels amazing overall.

Pics:

If you have any questions, want more pics or the like, feel free to ask. :)

I'm mainly looking for a straight sale, but I'm open for part exchanges (or even a trade, if it's something really special). Might be interested in a Darkglass B7K, a small and powerful amp, maybe a nice 5- or 6-string....

I'm located in Stuttgart, Germany. If you should not be able to pick it up here ( :P), I'll ship the Streamer very carefully packed in a hardcase. Shipping and hardcase are of course included in the price.

My feedback: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/201032-feedback-for-satrugar/"]Link[/url]

Cheers,
Janis

Edited by Satrugar

[quote name='Henrythe8' timestamp='1445632497' post='2893077']
Second Push-Pull should be parrallel/series.
That is a thing of beauty.
[/quote]

I thought so too at first, but it doesn't make any tonal difference to my ears....also you can pan between the coils with the balance pot, and I don't think that would be possible if you could switch between parallel and serial mode.
My best guess is that they used the electronics of the Dolphin for the Ltd and simply didn't make use of the second push/pull switch because of the single pickup. Should be easy to resolder it for series/parallel action though, if you'd prefer that. ;)

[quote name='mikhay77' timestamp='1445698970' post='2893559']
Love that birdseye!!
[/quote]

Thanks! It looks even better in reality, the wood has a fantastic "depth" (a bit like quilted maple) to it that I can't seem to capture with my phone...

Edited by Satrugar

Love these basses :) Only the fourth I have ever seen for sale, and a fair price too. Interesting about the preamp, I always assumed the push pull was a coil tap ala Dolphin, however if the balance still pans between coils in this mode then that clearly isn't what it does!

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1445709225' post='2893672']
Stunning example!!

Si
[/quote]

Thanks! :)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1445724191' post='2893773']
Love these basses :) Only the fourth I have ever seen for sale, and a fair price too. Interesting about the preamp, I always assumed the push pull was a coil tap ala Dolphin, however if the balance still pans between coils in this mode then that clearly isn't what it does!
[/quote]

Also thanks for your nice comment!
I hope the price is fair, I had to value it without much comparison....I think I've only seen one of those for sale so far, it was in far worse condition than this one and the asking price was exorbitantly high imho. So not really helpful in pricing mine. :rolleyes:

If someone should have more information about the preamp circuitry, feel free to join in!

Edited by Satrugar