Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Pulser Bass 400

Beedster

I have one, the neck is fantastic on mine. As Bassassasin said, if the money is right, go for it. I paid 400 which imo was slightly above market but these don’t come up that often unless you import from one of those Vintage Japanese websites. This specimen should cost you less.

Just to update for those who showed some concern. I got the bass for about half the price of the other listings I've seen around the net. Although the cosmetics aren't the best, I actually adore the faded color of the body and the peeling of the finish on the head and neck, it gives it an even more vintage look, that was actually the first thing that caught my eye. Despite the beat up look, the bass still sounds amazing! I've been playing around with it these past two days, and so far I've had no problems with it. I can't wait to use it in a gig! I'm absolutely in love with this bass now, and will make a few upgrades here and there to get it sounding and looking even better! I have no regrets with this wonderful purchase! Thanks for the comments!

I used to own a 77' Pulser 400 - mine was in mint condition. It's still in the family but now belongs to my cousin. It was lovely to play, the neck was really fast (although a nice chunk of wood), beautiful bass. Never got around to putting flats on it - it was a bit too bright for me with the rounds. If I had it now - I would definitely put flats and I can only imagine how amazing that would sound. If you can get this bass in good condition for 300GBP or less - don't think. Get it.

Edited by PawelG

Congratulations, these old japanese basses are great, I bought an old Matsumoku P-bass last year for less than 200£, battered but perfectly functional like yours, and I love the sound and feel, looks fantastic and always gets compliments when I play it. 

Enjoy it. 

• Like 1