Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb '97 BO Fretless.
£800

JamesTun

[quote name='zawinul' timestamp='1445451257' post='2891626']
Is it active? can you tell me what the width of the neck is at zero fret and also depth of neck please ( i have small hands!! )

used to a fender jazz fretless so has to be c shaped and thin
[/quote]

Yeah it is active and I would say they're some of the most aggressive sounding pickups I have owned. I have played both and I can categorically say that the neck on the Thumb is thinner than that of a jazz. Bare with me and I shall get accurate measurements.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]Pictures are up! Also forgot to mention that the neck is Wenge wood. Also the neck width at the nut is [/size][color=#111111][size=3]1.52 inches, neck thickness at fret 24 is 2.48 inches and 0.83 at fret 1. I hope this answers any questions in regards to measurements. [/size][/color][/font]

Edited by JamesTun

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1445887013' post='2895099']
If this is still around at the weekend when am home in Sheffield I may ask to come and meet it :)
[/quote]

To be clear, it is probably likely that the bass will be in Sheffield from Thursday but I do not have capacity to allow to try it at mine for the time being.

Regards,

James.

[quote name='JamesTun' timestamp='1445891384' post='2895155']
To be clear, it is probably likely that the bass will be in Sheffield from Thursday but I do not have capacity to allow to try it at mine for the time being.

Regards,

James.
[/quote]

An acoustic test is sufficient to see whether it has the character I'm looking for, I could also bring my headphone amp and phones to check the sounds ;)

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1445892000' post='2895164']
An acoustic test is sufficient to see whether it has the character I'm looking for, I could also bring my headphone amp and phones to check the sounds ;)
[/quote]

This weekend would probably be the best if you are available, then it could be possible.

[quote name='JamesTun' timestamp='1445892195' post='2895168']
This weekend would probably be the best if you are available, then it could be possible.
[/quote]

Sometime Sunday evening might work as we get back from Northumberland Saturday evening :D