Why become a member? ×

Happiness is Orange (for me YMMV) & OBBM

andydye

This is a really simple, I love the sound of my orange stack 'type post', it's freakin beautiful!

Just look at that! :gas:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/yLGdpc][/url]

I have also just received a pair of new speaker cables from OBBM which have the 'new' (not sure how recent a product this is) right angled speakon connectors!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/zJNH7k][/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/zJGK1d][/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/A3fNWe][/url]

They're seriously good, means I can put my stack much closer to the back of whatever stage we're playing on, and I can do so without bending the cable like it used to with the old style speakon connectors! Winner :D

Yes they do only point downwards which means a slightly longer cable is needed for the bottom cab but they're easier in use than the standard straight speakon connectors and a slightly longer cable is no real trouble. They hang so tidily!

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1445347975' post='2890740']
Seeing that made me have a slight loose bowel movement. Looks earthquakingly loud. How does the AD200B sound? Been wanting one of those for a while now.
[/quote]

:crazy: she's glorious! You can't quite see from the pic of the front but both pre and master are set to about 10 o'clock...fills the room with lush bass and makes fixtures, fittings and fillings rattle :D

The AD200b just makes my old p basses with flats and my old Guild B-302 sound perfect, rich, full and fruity sounding with plenty of depth but without being flappy. Those orange cabs are darn good for a 1x15 too!

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1445348355' post='2890746']
:crazy: she's glorious! You can't quite see from the pic of the front but both pre and master are set to about 10 o'clock...fills the room with lush bass and makes fixtures, fittings and fillings rattle :D

The AD200b just makes my old p basses with flats and my old Guild B-302 sound perfect, rich, full and fruity sounding with plenty of depth but without being flappy. Those orange cabs are darn good for a 1x15 too!
[/quote]

Oh lovely! How does it sound compared to a Bass Terror if you've ever tried one of those? Was wanting one of these at somepoint, but... The differences in wattage make my choice a bit tricky.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1445348425' post='2890748']
Oh lovely! How does it sound compared to a Bass Terror if you've ever tried one of those? Was wanting one of these at somepoint, but... The differences in wattage make my choice a bit tricky.
[/quote]

I actually have a terror 500 as a backup head in case of disaster, they both share the same preamp so as far as front of house on larger shows goes the desk is getting near enough the same signal. The only difference is in the power section which is digital on the terror and while it does a grand job (especially for the minimal pennies you can get them s/h!), lacks the valve heft of the output stage but sounds pretty darn good all the same :D

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1445348657' post='2890754']
We're trying to sort out a show at the Schooner in Gateshead for next year sometime, you're most welcome to come and meet it :)

Find us on facebook (link in my sig) and keep an eye out for gig announcements up your way ;)
[/quote]

I will do!

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1445349550' post='2890764']
:D smashing :) we're a fair bit less heavy and more southern rock than your band but if you need a support we'll happily come on up sometime :D
[/quote]

We've played with all sorts. Got supported by a folk act the other night! Was a weird gig, but a good un!

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1445348355' post='2890746']

[/quote]

See now I had my pre at 1100 ish but the other day I dialled it to one and that was rather tasty in a grindy dirty way. Didn't loose definition but furred it up a bit (well probably a lot :D )

Just wish the cab was slightly lighter and easier to get thorugh doorways

Dodgy photos of mine

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/8659FCFF-CEAB-41AD-BB78-672D273F3929_zpsdk4f5vug.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/8659FCFF-CEAB-41AD-BB78-672D273F3929_zpsdk4f5vug.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/C4AA160F-3E9E-4716-97EA-49F52E0EC6B2_zpsghqrfekr.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/C4AA160F-3E9E-4716-97EA-49F52E0EC6B2_zpsghqrfekr.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1445357601' post='2890886']
See now I had my pre at 1100 ish but the other day I dialled it to one and that was rather tasty in a grindy dirty way. Didn't loose definition but furred it up a bit (well probably a lot :D )

Just wish the cab was slightly lighter and easier to get thorugh doorways
[/quote]

So not only does it do the most glorious southern rock / country bass sounds but it grinds with the best of them too :D

I'd be very interested to try it against a classic svt with both through their respective 8x10 for fairness ;)

[attachment=203216:orange.jpg]

Here,s my Orange luvelynous,OBT500 head,SP212 and an OBC115.
I was worried about mixing drivers n isobarics.
No need to worry Orange thought of that-sounds incredible.
I,ve played the AD200 and cabs so I know what they sound like -the difference is slight and one will sound great to one person and the other ye know the score.
Orange sounds like Orange that,s it.If you like it whooppppeeeee if ye don,t you,ll wonder what the fuss is about.
By the way very tidy rig and I know how it will sound-awesome

[quote name='bassmachine2112' timestamp='1445448860' post='2891605']
[attachment=203216:orange.jpg]

Here,s my Orange luvelynous,OBT500 head,SP212 and an OBC115.
I was worried about mixing drivers n isobarics.
No need to worry Orange thought of that-sounds incredible.
I,ve played the AD200 and cabs so I know what they sound like -the difference is slight and one will sound great to one person and the other ye know the score.
Orange sounds like Orange that,s it.If you like it whooppppeeeee if ye don,t you,ll wonder what the fuss is about.
By the way very tidy rig and I know how it will sound-awesome
[/quote]

Similar to what I've just bought. An OBT 500 head with an SP210 and OCB115. Yet to play in anger unfortunately but can't wait to hear it in a live situation.

Very cool..

I tried one years ago at the guitar show in Birmingham (about '02/'03 I think) and it was the only amp I'd tried all day that I thought was proper. It was through Orange's matching 410 and 115 cabs with a passive Jazz. I remember talking to the rep that day and I commented that a number of the touches and features (like individual valve fuses, switches, and holders and a few other details) were very similar to my then new Trace V4. He replied that a number of them were built at the factory for Orange. Not sure how many or even if that was true but either way, it was a great amp.

Thanks guys, great to see so much love for these Orangey gods of rock :sun_bespectacled:

I love the dynamic capability of these, it goes from a whisper that's heard everywhere at once to bowel shaking force everywhere at once all with subtle touches on my bass controls and changes in my playing attack/position :D

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1445588802' post='2892555']
That looks the business...
[/quote]

Thankyou kindly :D

...just need a Wal fretless to play through it and the world will be mine :crazy:

Edited by andydye