Why become a member? ×

Behringer BDi21 Pedal

Pow_22

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Im planning on using a Behringer BD21 as an ‘on all the time’ effect in my pedal chain. I will be using it for a tiny bit of ampeg type breakup/grit to my sound ala Fratellis type sound. I do have an overdrive pedal for the more distorted/heavey driven valve amp type sounds.[/font][/color][/size]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size][/font]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]My question is, using this an an on-all-the-time pedal where should I be looking to place it in my pedal chain? Im thinking it should be straight after my tuner thus any other effect I apply will be to the ampegy type sound?[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]My current set up is……Bass > Boss TU2 > Boss Chrous > Ibanez PD7 Overdrive > EHX Linear Boost > Ampeg SVT3[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Would I put the BDI21 straight after the tuner or would I be best putting it at the end of the effects chain?[/font][/color][/size]

I use a BDDI sim on my zoom multiFX, i have it neat the end of my chain (after dirt pedals, before delay). I prefer the zoom to an individual BDDI clone as it has a MIDs control (and i also have a gate and amp sim as allways on on it aswell).

But to answer the actual question: Id suggest you place it after the EHX, but as allways with pedal position, try it in as many different combinations as you can, and see what (and more importantly why) position you like it in.

If it's gonna be 'always on' and only used as an effect rather than a D.I., then I'd personally put it early in the chain.

But as said above, try it in a few different places and see what sounds best to you, ideally at gig / rehearsal volume if you can, or, even better, in a full band mix.

In my experience you only really know if it's right when you can gauge how things sound when everyone else is playing too.