Why become a member? ×

Possibly the most underrated band ever

ubit

We just went to see The Icicle Works last Saturday in King Tutts Wah Wah hut and I just had to tell everyone how damned good they were. I can't understand why, with the wealth of catchy material at his disposal, that Ian McNab has not become massive! He is clearly very talented and has got some incredible musicians with him in his band. We seen them back in '87 at the Reading festival and they were one of the highlights. I must say, they are still brilliant. If you get a chance to catch them, do. One of the gigs of the year for me so far!

Yeah, he is a great songwriter and has a superb voice. I'd forgotten just how many great songs they had until I recognised them . He did say they were only performing Icicle Works songs and not his solo stuff. My mate has his latest solo album. I'm gonna have to invest in that I think !

I was right at the front at the Manchester gig and loved it. They played for at least two and a half hours with a ten minute break and Roy Corkill even got the fretless Wal out for a couple of numbers. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen him over years doing both his Icicle Works and solo stuff (it's the same band) but they always put on a great show.