Why become a member? ×

Boss ME-6B

alexmoore10

Not sure it is very easy to edit/proram to any purpose, but I do think some core sounds are good...
and it becomes quite a cheap and easy way to 'stomp' your way thru the gig...

I think the GT10-B is more easily programmable but still too many useless sounds.
I've got about 4 useful ones at most... :lol: out of 200 plus.
Easy to 'edit' on the fly...altho you'll loss that 'change' as soon as you switch out of the patch
which may be a good thing LIVE.

I'm not sure I'd buy a ME-6B to program myself..good luck.

I've had an ME-8B (big brother to the ME-6B) since it was released in the 90's. It was my first multi fx and therefore it now seems like I was born knowing how to operate it. ;)

Assuming its the same, you can run it in either patch mode - setup a patch with combinations of effects together. Or in manual mode - you can use each footswitch to switch each effect on and off like having a few separate effects pedals.

I still think to this day the ME-8B has some of the best synth and filter sounds going, and I believe the 6B has a more detailed synth section. The 8B also has the OC-2 oct down circuit.

As for patches I would say keep it simple - just a couple of effects at a time. Once you start combining more than that you end up with things that sound like the preset patches. - not so useable IMHO.

Good luck!

Edited by NoirBass