Why become a member? ×

FS Warwick Thumb BO 5 -- SOLD
£800

rmcki

Warwick Thumb BO 5 string

[size=5][b]£750 including delivery to the UK[/b][/size]

[url="http://s738.photobucket.com/user/rmcki68/slideshow/Warwick%20Thumb%20BO%205"]http://s738.photobucket.com[/url]

For sale is a recently acquired thumb, bought from eBay. This was my second attempt to get into a Thumb which has not come off. Bass has had some TLC, but is in great nick for a 20 year old German instrument. All the hardware is new and a new MEC vol pot and jack socket has been added. Very little fret wear and everything functioning as it should. There is some obvious wear on the neck pickup, shown in the pictures.

Serial # K-021793-95

Wenge Neck and Fretboard!
Brass nut
Ovangkol body
New black hardware
9 volt pre-amp
Mec pickups

Finish on the body is just liberon finishing oil, which provides a great protective barrier

Price includes delivery to the UK only, hard case, padded 3” strap and strap locks.

Edited by rmcki

This product dries hard, so the more layers you put on the more gloss it gets, I put on 5 coats with 24 hours between layers. It nourishes and enhances the colour of wood. Its's hard wearing
and Water, heat, alcohol and food acid resistant. Found this when i was designing furniture many moons ago.

[quote name='Sam Warren' timestamp='1445527318' post='2892172']
I'm very interested in the bass but strongly dislike that finish (no offence intended). Can it be removed easily and returned to the standard matte oil finish without damage?
[/quote]

Hi Sam

Yep its quite simple to remove the shine. Bass would need to be disassembled then i would suggest 1800 grit sandpaper would leave the bass with a light satin finish.