Why become a member? ×

Limelight Custom Built Jazz - Medium Relic + Thomman Hardcase
£750

Shepster8316

[color=#000000]A Limelight medium relic Jazz bass in excellent condition, Ser No 00155. Plays and sounds fantastic. They don't pop up for sale that often and those who know about them will know they're made to order in the UK, but I need space and there's only room for one handmade bass nowadays. These are kind of the British version of a Nash Bass, except cheaper! I'll throw in a Thomman hard case, which has a few scrapes.[/color]

[color=#000000]I've had a few Fender variants of Jazzes in the past and this is far better than all of them in sound and playability. Alder body with aged maple Fender licenced Jazz neck with rosewood fretboard, Limelight's own pickups, Fender licenced bridge and Gotoh Vintage reverse tuners (aged very well), just like the old Jazzes I believe. They're a bit odd to start with, but then you get used to them.

The bass has been aged tastefully and properly, unlike others who just take a sander to a guitar, and it's probably the best example of aging I've seen on any guitar. The attention to detail throughout is first class, to the point that it even has old Fender candy apple red underneath the black and showing through (apparently in the old days Fender used to paint other colour quality control failures black).

A nice alternative to anyone wanting a Nash Bass, but don't want to pay over a grand! Open to offers though.

Feel free to ask any questions or pop in for a try out (Lichfield, Staffs). Free delivery by UPS, but I'd rather it was collected to save the possibility of any damage. Would drop off if nearby or halfway swap if also not far away. [/color]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...