Why become a member? ×

Show us your Harley Bentons

Che

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked this up yesterday... tuned F# to E. £200 second hand, but as new condition with the plastic still on covers.

Needed a setup tweak (too low choking notes) and the intonation is today's job, but the pickups seem decent enough and it does the job I want.

EDIT: Intonation done, no problems. 

IMG_20200621_174241.thumb.jpg.30692406a5c5aebc0a0254d4cf2a3503.jpg

Edited by Machines
  • Like 1

On 22/06/2020 at 17:32, Bilbo said:

I got this seven string a while ago for about £245 new. Ridiculous. 

FB_IMG_1592836206508.jpg

I've been gassing over the six string version of this for months now. What are your impressions of it, other than the weight, which is what most reviews go on about. 

• 5 months later...

Purchased a TE80. Really cant fault it so far apart from its weight. Not a problem though as we bass players are made of stronger stuff. 😆. Really nice flame top, ash body. I dont know a huge amount about guitar pickups but they are Roswell single coils. No idea. Really nice satin neck. Im amazed you can get a guitar this well made for £170. Ive looked over the guitar and it is flawless. I wasnt aware this guitar was a homage to Prince,s Anderson Mad Cat.

20201128_092255.jpg

20201128_092313.jpg

20201128_092246.jpg

20201128_092324.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

Purchased a TE80. Really cant fault it so far apart from its weight. Not a problem though as we bass players are made of stronger stuff. 😆. Really nice flame top, ash body. I dont know a huge amount about guitar pickups but they are Roswell single coils. No idea. Really nice satin neck. Im amazed you can get a guitar this well made for £170. Ive looked over the guitar and it is flawless. I wasnt aware this guitar was a homage to Prince,s Anderson Mad Cat.

20201128_092255.jpg

20201128_092313.jpg

20201128_092246.jpg

20201128_092324.jpg

That things a work of art! Unbelievable for a budget instrument. Harley Benton have moved the goalposts so far, most manufacturers aren't even in the stadium any more. 

• Like 1

I have had four HBs. They are great fun and will get you going in terms of trying things and exploring ideas that require specific kit but, ultimately, they have limitations. I think the high spec builders are safe. It is the other budget models that are competing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Like the above...

Are these the same 'Manufacturer' as the likes of the Gear 4 Music / Harlem brands and the Thomman / Harley Benton... coming out of the same factory?

I likes this...

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/LA-Select-Bass-Guitar-by-Gear4music-Natural/1FP4

Edited by PaulThePlug

• 1 month later...

Hi, I’ve just finished my lockdown project Harley Benton kit, and I’m chuffed with the results. I have only dabbled with playing the bass guitar over my 50 years of playing guitars but needed one for some lockdown home recording. I know I’m not a real bassist but it pains me to say I’m really enjoying playing it. 

I now it’s bad having the Fender decal but I won’t be selling it.

8C180F86-FB83-4FB2-A8A5-E412EF19FA91.jpeg

B40012FE-89F4-414B-9CF2-88260C7C6318.jpeg

6F66EDB4-EC30-4654-ACD0-3C2D98191D97.jpeg

BF915452-7E08-4F8D-A4CE-BF4C68893CDA.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevesmiffy said:

Hi, I’ve just finished my lockdown project Harley Benton kit, and I’m chuffed with the results. I have only dabbled with playing the bass guitar over my 50 years of playing guitars but needed one for some lockdown home recording. I know I’m not a real bassist but it pains me to say I’m really enjoying playing it. 

8C180F86-FB83-4FB2-A8A5-E412EF19FA91.jpeg

What is the snakeskin finish, please - vinyl wrap?

21 hours ago, Paul S said:

21 hours ago, Paul S said:

No it’s not a wrap it’s stretch fabric like used for leggings. It’s stuck on front and back only. I only choose that fabric because it allows the fabric to go into the con curved part on the back. Because the fabric was quite thick I had to use lots of layers of rustins plastic coating to fill all the wholes. When it’s hard you can cut and blend in the edges. When you have enough depth of coating I sanded it flat and handed over to my son who a car sprayer. He blacked out the edges to hide where the fabric is blended in then lacquered it. Look on YouTube there’s a few people doing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 27/01/2021 at 18:30, Paul S said:

On 27/01/2021 at 18:30, Paul S said:

No it’s not a wrap it’s stretch fabric like used for leggings. It’s stuck on front and back only. I only choose that fabric because it allows the fabric to go into the con curved part on the back. Because the fabric was quite thick I had to use lots of layers of rustins plastic coating to fill all the wholes. When it’s hard you can cut and blend in the edges. When you have enough depth of coating I sanded it flat and handed over to my son who a car sprayer. He blacked out the edges to hide where the fabric is blended in then lacquered it. Look on YouTube there’s a few people doing it.

I didn’t buy the leggings, I nicked them off someone’s washing line.

No woah!!!    I didn’t, l bought the fabric off the roll. 

4 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Your replies seem to keep adding in your previous ones.

I'm worried that they will grow exponentially, reach enormous size and cause Basschat to explode...

Sorry mate being old and  knackered I’ve probably been doing it wrong. I hope this is better.

Edited by stevesmiffy
Spelling
  • Thanks 1