Why become a member? ×

How big a difference is it from TP to XL?

Stan_da_man

[quote name='alexclaber' post='31935' date='Jul 14 2007, 11:00 PM']So you're not saying that whoever buys the resulting knocked off gear will be getting 'good sounds for a good price'?
Not me, you. If you want to buy battery hen eggs too then that's up to you as well.

We live in an age where everyone seems to think they're owed something, like they shouldn't have to work for it. And also in an age where everyone wants new things. What happened to working hard, saving up and buying the used gear you can afford?

I don't know why Behringer owners take it so personally. Shouldn't you complain to Behringer that their business practices are unethical and that it's unfair for them to take advantage of you by selling equipment whose R&D is knocked off? Caveat emptor.

Alex[/quote]
Yeah Steve's right. Can you just drop it? Some people like Behringer and think it's VFM, others think it's rubbish. The gear we buy is purely down to how much you can afford, what the sound is like and how well it copes in live situations.
Back on topic please.

Edited by Stan_da_man

I have run with Hartke amps for a number of years, first a 2000, now a 3500. When I got the 3500 I took it and my trusty Fortress to the shop to buy a cab, to find the one that sounded best with my amp and my bass (which is now not as it was originally bought, now has an EMG preamp installed) so doesn't really have a typical Warwick sound to it... anyway, tried every cab in the shop, with the exception of the Ampegs cos they are serious money, and the Hartke 410XL was way the best, much better then the TP and those awful VX, and Peaveys, and Ashdowns, and Warwick, and Carlsbro, and everything else that I can't remember.

Richard