Why become a member? ×

Arthur Brown

MrDaveTheBass

I went to see Arthur 'I AM THE GOD OF HELL-FIRE' Brown at the weekend. Tiny little hall in Nuneaton of all places, with less than 100 punters in the crowd.

I wasn't expecting much, but WOW! I was completely blown away. The man must be in his seventies, but has the most amazing live voice I've ever heard. His band are fantastic. If the bass-player's on here, then sir, I salute you! (I'm also a bit in love with Arthur's lady guitarist. :gas:

Saw him last week at the Borderline in London.....great music and masses of energy. How did you like Electric Cake Salad? Seen them a few times to. Good band 👍

P.S. Arthurs bass player is Jevons Beaumont and i agree he is excellent.

Edited by Number6

Indeed. Arthur has that very rare mix of huge talent and humble ego. Very friendly and willing to have a chat with everyone afterwards.

All I need to do now is get hold of Jevons' stage outfit (think Demis Roussos meets Hinge & Bracket). It looks bizarre, but if it makes me play that well, it'll be well worth the money! ;)

Nina's playing was exquisite. - tasteful, always fitting in with what the rest of the band were playing, incredible timing, and then pulling out the most incredible blistering solos, all the time making it look effortlessly easy.

Actually, the whole band were this good - Arthur certainly knows how to find a great bunch of musicians - definitely not your average 'backing band'.

[quote name='MrDaveTheBass' timestamp='1444724361' post='2885267']
Nina's playing was exquisite. - tasteful, always fitting in with what the rest of the band were playing, incredible timing, and then pulling out the most incredible blistering solos, all the time making it look effortlessly easy.

Actually, the whole band were this good - Arthur certainly knows how to find a great bunch of musicians - definitely not your average 'backing band'.
[/quote]

Nina watches all of the rest of the band throughout her playing to ensure she knows what all the other musicians are doing at all times. Her playing was perfect!

Saw him last year (I think?) supporting hawkwind. Wasn't sure what to expect, he's no spring chicken so you have to make allowances vocally but he still produced an impressive range. Think he might have had a female keyboard player as well as guitarist in that band.