Why become a member? ×

LONDON BASS GUITAR SHOW 2016

TheGreek

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1453981001' post='2964854']
:lol: :lol: :lol: You have a point! :D
For me, the best part of the show are the masterclasses, immediately followed by the performances (on stage or at the booths), then the actual stands and, especially, the people working on them. So it's a whole-day activity because there's always something happening somewhere that you want to be part of. :)
[/quote]

It's the masterclasses and shows that really make it for me too, and that's what takes up most of my day. Browsing and shopping I can do elsewhere so I concentrate on the things you can't see in most bass stores.

They've just announced Suzi Quatro for a masterclass and a performance at the show. :)

[quote]We’re thrilled to announce that the great Suzi Quatro, the genius behind the bass on 55 million album sales and counting, will perform at the 2016 show. She will hold a masterclass on Saturday and perform on the main stage on Sunday.[/quote]

As far as I know, yes, and I also think you can place an order with an exhibiting luthier at the show, if you want a custom build, but since I have never done either thing, I will wait to hear confirmation from other BCers.
Oh, and welcome to the forum, Thomas! :)

Edited by bluejay

We will be sell[quote name='Thomas68' timestamp='1454186654' post='2967409']
Can anybody help me: I came from Germany to visit the show. Is it possible to buy a new Bass directly by the exhibitors?
[/quote]
[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1454187371' post='2967421']
As far as I know, yes, and I also think you can place an order with an exhibiting luthier at the show, if you want a custom build, but since I have never done either thing, I will wait to hear confirmation from other BCers.
Oh, and welcome to the forum, Thomas! :)
[/quote]

We will be selling on the day if that's your thing. ;-)

Just found out I will be able to be there after all... thought a gig would prevent it, so I'll be there as usual, if you have time come and seek me out on the MSL/MarkBass stand, it'd be good to put more names to faces. Hoping to have some interesting new toys available, and I know there are some interesting show deals on the way...!

Edited by MoJoKe

Shops in the West End usually close at 6pm on Sundays, but there are some variations. I believe they are still only allowed to open for 6 hours on Sundays? So if they open at 11am they may close at 5pm instead. (Happy to be corrected, if wrong, by anyone who may be a frequest shopper there, which I'm not.)

In other news, the issue of BGM out this coming Tuesday is almost entirely dedicated to the LBGS! :)