Why become a member? ×

LONDON BASS GUITAR SHOW 2016

TheGreek

Yup! :D

[quote]
We’re delighted to announce the appearance of [url="https://www.facebook.com/RobertTrujilloOfficial/"]Robert Trujillo[/url] of [url="https://www.facebook.com/Metallica/"]Metallica[/url], the biggest heavy metal band there will ever be or has ever been.
“Hello London!” says Trujillo. “We couldn’t have been more excited to be invited to the 2016 London Bass Guitar Show. I'm looking forward to jammin’ and representing the low frequencies with Mass Mental. Join us and embark on the funkified magnificuss borderless voyage where many tribes unite and create musical havoc. See you there!”
[/quote]

I really wish he would, don't think that's very possible though. As far as I know, he considers himself more of a "guard" of the bass rather than an owner. As in, he paid for it and controls its whereabouts, but makes it available for "the Family" and/or special artists. It was at one of the NAMM shows since its recovery though, so who knows! If there's a way for it to happen, I really hope it does.

So for people who've been there before I have a question. I have the saturday ticket but it looks like I'm going to have to get in.... buy stuff... get out as I have a wedding evening do to go to so I'll have to leave the show at 1PM (booooo) is that enough time to get round a good few booths and figure out what to buy? I've no idea how big this thing is.

It's not massive, but there's enough there, it could be done in half a day. I always easily lose half a day, if not more, going to the masterclasses and live shows, and a little more watching the little jams organised at some of the stands. Even then I still have enough time to get around and try what I want to try, and buy whatever I've planned.

I don't think I'd be happy to do the show in just three hours, but if that's all the time you have, make sure to arrive at the venue at least 20 mins before the doors open. Once in, have a clear idea of what your priorities are - first of all, check out the stands you want to visit, have a look round for what you want to buy, and then, if you have time, check out the masterclasses and the performances which happen to be on while you're there.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1453980099' post='2964834']
I don't think I'd be happy to do the show in just three hours, but if that's all the time you have, make sure to arrive at the venue at least 20 mins before the doors open. Once in, have a clear idea of what your priorities are - first of all, check out the stands you want to visit, have a look round for what you want to buy, and then, if you have time, check out the masterclasses and the performances which happen to be on while you're there.
[/quote]

You get round it much quicker if you're not stopping to photograph everything!

(... or so I'm told... I've not actually tried that yet) :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: You have a point! :D
For me, the best part of the show are the masterclasses, immediately followed by the performances (on stage or at the booths), then the actual stands and, especially, the people working on them. So it's a whole-day activity because there's always something happening somewhere that you want to be part of. :) Edited by bluejay

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1453980385' post='2964839']
You get round it much quicker if you're not stopping to photograph everything!

(... or so I'm told... I've not actually tried that yet) :)
[/quote]

I'm not going to try that either. I fully intend to outdo the last year, photo-wise.