Welcome to the new site. We hope you enjoy it. We also hope you like this little sticky note. You can send them to each other or to yourself for reminders. 

Have a read of this thread (click) where I describe some new functions.

Take some time to try the new content search, maybe set up your own custom search and make it your bookmark.

A note about PMs - please read the note in the link above about PMs from the old site.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy.

(you can dismiss this note so you won’t see it again)

Sign in to follow this  
TheGreek

LONDON BASS GUITAR SHOW 2016

I use it as an excuse to meet up with other BCers, check out the masterclasses and seminars while having a look at what's available. I think the most expensive thing I've ever bought at one of these is lunch.

Just a great day out with like minded people really. Edited by TheGreek

A lot of it is walking around checking out the gear, but there are also masterclasses and performances to watch,

Some people do bring their own basses, but I think that's really only worth it if you want to check out amps/pedals etc with your specific kit.

Aw thanks! :)
I'm at the show every year, wearing my lanyard with my name, so anyone who spots me walking around and would like to say hi, absolutely feel free to do it! If you don't mind being photographed you may even end up in That Blog. :D Edited by bluejay

And a fine job you do too, in making us all welcome and part of the basschat family Edited by deepbass5

[quote name='five-string.co.uk' timestamp='1450456443' post='2933048']
I'll be there on Sunday - bringing the earplugs but looking forward to it.
[/quote]

They give them to you as you come in....

[quote name='The-Ox' timestamp='1449342910' post='2922812']
think I'll tag along cheers! Another stupid question, do people usually bring their own basses?
[/quote]

I took mine last year as I wanted to check out some Vanderkley gear with my own bass...

Unfortunately this was a mistake as I then had a gigbag on the journey down to Olympia. Everyone could see I was going to the bass show and therefore felt the need to fire up a conversation with me on the tube about it. :mellow:

I guess for ordinary people this wouldn't be a problem, but as I hate interacting with other people and generally pretend I don't speak English when approached on public transport, it put a downer on the whole day... :mellow: Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1450709908' post='2935061']

I guess for ordinary people this wouldn't be a problem, but as I hate interacting with other people and generally pretend I don't speak English when approached on public transport, it put a downer on the whole day... :mellow:
[/quote]

You must be a joy to be with on stage :(

[quote name='deepbass5' timestamp='1450719028' post='2935199']
You must be a joy to be with on stage :(
[/quote]

oh i'm fine with band members, it's just the public I try to avoid...

Anyway enough of the de-rail...

My only advice for those attending next year is don't have a Sunday Roast at the pub around the corner... I nearly broke a tooth on an unbelievably hard parsnip last year :mellow:

Hi all

Legendary virtuoso Michael Manring and Status Quo's Rhino are both set to perform at the show next year! We also have another artist announcement coming your way before Christmas, as well as a HUGE one in the new year.

Hope to see you all there!

The LBGS team
:D

[quote name='bassguitarshow' timestamp='1450785198' post='2935805']
We also have another artist announcement coming your way before Christmas, [b]as well as a HUGE one in the new year.[/b]
[/quote]

Jaco? Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='bassguitarshow' timestamp='1450785198' post='2935805']
as well as a HUGE one in the new year.
[/quote]

Famous or fat? :lol:

They've just announced Hooky's back on the Sunday! :)

Edit - see here: [url="http://www.londonbassguitarshow.com/news-2/legendary-bassist-peter-hook-to-perform-at-lbgs-2016/"]http://www.londonbassguitarshow.com/news-2/legendary-bassist-peter-hook-to-perform-at-lbgs-2016/[/url] Edited by bluejay

He needs the fee to fund his legal action against his former bandmates ...

[quote name='deepbass5' timestamp='1450957065' post='2937332']
who are you taking
[/quote]

The wife, she's insisted on holding on to my wallet.............

Tell the wife not to panic - my son has agreed come with me - he says he has Oysters for the train so I won't even have to bother with lunch - aren't kids great :D

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1450792021' post='2935899']
Famous or fat? :lol:
[/quote]

:P famous!!!

So we have three AWESOME announcements to make in three days - this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Keep an eye out on Facebook, Twitter and our website, and in the next issue of Bass Guitar mag which comes out at the weekend.

Not too long now - we can't wait to see you all there!

The LBGS team

Argh, excited. Event highlight of the year minus having a baby a month later..........planned that spot-on didn't I ;)

Si