Welcome to the new site. We hope you enjoy it. We also hope you like this little sticky note. You can send them to each other or to yourself for reminders. 

Have a read of this thread (click) where I describe some new functions.

Take some time to try the new content search, maybe set up your own custom search and make it your bookmark.

A note about PMs - please read the note in the link above about PMs from the old site.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy.

(you can dismiss this note so you won’t see it again)

Sign in to follow this  
TheGreek

LONDON BASS GUITAR SHOW 2016

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1444402594' post='2883001']
You rang, M'Lady?
[/quote]

:lol: You are excused - you are usually dragged kicking and screaming to the LBGS by yours truly, and would much rather sit at home practicing...

https://www.facebook.com/marcin.bass/media_set?set=a.10205850993892066.1073741830.1174473192&type=3

I'll be there both days and taking slightly fewer pictures, compared to Bluejay ;) It will be my fifth one, I think. Always good fun.

I'll be there. both days this time. It's easy to avoid any excessive slapping in the main hall by going to all the amazing performances and master classes. Which is what I intend to do, as usual. :-)

I'm planning to exhibit, and I've never attended before. Nervous too! I'll be making the trip from the US, so there are issues with getting help for the show, a suitable amp and bass(es), lodging and air transportation, etc.

Tell us the sort of amp and bass(es) you're after and I'm sure we could help out. Or speak to one of the stores which is exhibiting and see if they can help out? :)

I like a Gallien Krueger RB 700 II or a Fender, and any type of bass will do. I tried both the 100 watt tube amp and the Rumble 500. Fender or Gibson basses possibly. Active or passive. I'll provide strings.
I've sent an inquiry to the proper people for registering for the event, but they seem to have forgotten about me. I asked for help with backline equipment, local hotels, tax questions, etc., which may have turned them off. I just hope I can get them to rent me some space for our exhibit.

They seem to have a brand new website that's not working very well - in previous years there was a contact page with emails etc. I'll see if I can put you in touch with someone.

Well I have received the eMail for tickets and my wife tells me the dates may coincide with us being abroad next year!

Yes! Already looking forward to this. Taking my Everson with me to see if I can get a pic with Paul.

Makes no difference to me who is performing - it's a cracking day out regardless, assuming I can get the ankle tag off for a few hours.

[quote name='rungles' timestamp='1445941632' post='2895523']

Makes no difference to me who is performing - it's a cracking day out regardless, assuming I can get the ankle tag off for a few hours.
[/quote]

This!

Si

I hope I can make it again this year, it was a blast to be there ánd to be back in London again. I love that city. And last year was pretty darn awesome. I do hope I can get a more decent place to sleep though. The hostel was fine but I was in a room with 6 snoring Japanese guys. So if anyone has a spare bed... ;)
Edited by BassAgent

I might if I manage to find a place before the time! Right now unfortunately, no spare sleep spaces. I took the photo above, might have been your phone or Paul's.

I'm still trying to find a way to get a ce certification for my preamps, before I will submit my exhibitor's application. Then there is the matter of 2 million GBP of insurance for two days. May have to wait another year. I hope not!

[quote name='nbtone' timestamp='1448330581' post='2914560']
I'm still trying to find a way to get a ce certification for my preamps, before I will submit my exhibitor's application. Then there is the matter of 2 million GBP of insurance for two days. May have to wait another year. I hope not!
[/quote]

Best of luck. Would love to see your stuff.

Thanks, and I really need to find a way to defend myself and the preamp after the Bass Player review fiasco that is going on in this month's issue.

[quote name='nbtone' timestamp='1448416599' post='2915314']
Thanks, and I really need to find a way to defend myself and the preamp after the Bass Player review fiasco that is going on in this month's issue.
[/quote]

oh my - whats going on? PM if you wish.

forgive my ignorance, but what usually goes on at these shows? Is it just walking round different stalls, seeing exhibitions going on etc? Sounds good!