Why become a member? ×

KORG G5 Bass Synth / Filter on ebay

rmorris

?[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Korg-G5-Bass-Synth-Processor_W0QQitemZ230286864860QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230286864860&_trkparms=72%3A984%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]Korg G5[/url]

just to be clear this isn't mine - although I have one and will likely sell soon.
I notice the seller says he has hung up his bass for good - is that possible

[quote name='rmorris' post='278466' date='Sep 6 2008, 10:52 AM']?[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Korg-G5-Bass-Synth-Processor_W0QQitemZ230286864860QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230286864860&_trkparms=72%3A984%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]Korg G5[/url]

just to be clear this isn't mine - although I have one and will likely sell soon.
I notice the seller says he has hung up his bass for good - is that possible[/quote]

Let me know if/when you want to sell - I've got one already but it had a pint of cider one night at a pub gig!

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='283010' date='Sep 13 2008, 12:41 AM']Let me know if/when you want to sell - I've got one already but it had a pint of cider one night at a pub gig![/quote]

What sort of damage did the cider spillage do ?
Does it still work at all ?
I'm thinking it might be recoverable.

[quote name='Duarte' post='283190' date='Sep 13 2008, 02:53 PM']Ive been interested in these for a while...how good are they?[/quote]
bit of a 'poor mans' deep impact is the impression i get from various reviews and sound bytes, more practical but way larger although never tried one myself. id probably say £150 is its max value, tbh im quite suprised it went for that much in the current climate, last couple iv seen have gone for around £120 iirc

EDIT last one on ebay was in the US for £89...

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='283833' date='Sep 14 2008, 07:07 PM']bit of a 'poor mans' deep impact is the impression i get from various reviews and sound bytes, more practical but way larger although never tried one myself. id probably say £150 is its max value, tbh im quite suprised it went for that much in the current climate, last couple iv seen have gone for around £120 iirc

EDIT last one on ebay was in the US for £89...[/quote]

they seem to come somewhere between Deep Impact and the Boss synth pedal ( SYB?) in terms of reputation.
Sounds like it does the job to me but I've not tried the other two mentioned.
Anyone want to comment from experience ?

One went on ebay for over £200 not long ago but yeah - they more often seem to go for around £120 - £150.
But it's difficult to be too certain over 'average value' as they aren't too common.

I guess an auction is an auction and something is worth whatever it is that someone will go to for it.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='283490' date='Sep 14 2008, 02:20 AM']It works but cuts out now and again - got pretty drowned that nite![/quote]

does it sound okay when it's not cutting out ?

If so, it might just need a good clean on the input / output / power jacks.
I'd recommend giving it a go with a Caig DeOxit product, making sure you get any switching contacts on the jacks too.
If it's the pots as well - more difficult - but might still be recoverable if it comes apart okay ( I've never tried ) ?
Apologies if I'm stating the obvious - but I don't like to see things go to waste.

Edited by rmorris

[quote name='BassManKev' post='283833' date='Sep 14 2008, 07:07 PM']bit of a 'poor mans' deep impact is the impression i get from various reviews and sound bytes, more practical but way larger although never tried one myself. id probably say £150 is its max value, tbh im quite suprised it went for that much in the current climate, last couple iv seen have gone for around £120 iirc

EDIT last one on ebay was in the US for £89...[/quote]

Thanks for your expert advice there Kev.

how does trying a piece of gear tell you what the market price is likely to be??

i monitor the second hand market alot when it comes to effects, having owned and sold so many myself in the past, iv never nor will i ever claim to be an 'expert on gear i havn't tried'. i just like to think that i have a pretty good idea on good prices in the second hand effects market, and id probably say this sold for a decent price, but by no means was it a bargain. sorry if iv caused offense :)

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='286321' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:13 PM']how does trying a piece of gear tell you what the market price is likely to be??

i monitor the second hand market alot when it comes to effects, having owned and sold so many myself in the past, iv never nor will i ever claim to be an 'expert on gear i havn't tried'. i just like to think that i have a pretty good idea on good prices in the second hand effects market, and id probably say this sold for a decent price, but by no means was it a bargain. sorry if iv caused offense :)[/quote]

Fair enough but the question raised on this by Duarte was :

"Ive been interested in these for a while...how good are they? "

rather than explicitly the cost.

Edited by rmorris