Why become a member? ×

1983 IBANEZ MC924 MUSICIAN BASS
£700

Gaya

Ibanez MC924 Musician Bass with original hard case for sale! Iconically associated with Sting/message in a bottle this is a real classic

I have had this bass for 19 years and it is an amazing instrument. The neck through body construction gives it a rich distinctive sound that is hard to find in new models.
As a vintage bass it's on the heavy side which is not ideal for girls spending long days in a studio ad gigging extensively therefore sadly I have decided to let it go..

The bass has been around for 32 years and it has a few scratches and chips. It was serviced last year so it works as new. The machine heads were changed to new hipshot gold heads which are amazing

This is a collectable and it will increase in value with time

The price is £700 ono

[attachment=202069:my bass.JPG][attachment=202070:ibanez.JPG]

Hi, do you have the original machine heads for this bass? Were extra holes drilled to accommodate the new tuners? Could you please send or post some more pics of the bass, in particular the back of the headstock and any dings or scratches? Thank you very much. Dave.

[quote name='jay bass' timestamp='1444112711' post='2880286']
Hi not realy associated with Sting, that was the MC940 fretless in dark stain finish
[/quote]

Martin Kemp and Frank Maudsley then! :rolleyes:

Edited by Conan

• 1 month later...