Why become a member? ×

TRADED: 2013 Gibson Midtown Standard
£450

neepheid

I'm selling my black Gibson Midtown Standard bass - it's a lovely bass but it isn't getting played enough to justify keeping it so by my own rules it has to go. You probably know the skinny on these, but just in case you don't - mahogany chambered body, maple top, mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, bound body and neck. What's different about this one is that the neck pickup has been replaced with a DiMarzio Model One and the volume is a [b]push/push[/b] pot (not push/pull - don't pull it!) to allow series/parallel selection (up for parallel) - quite a tonal difference between the two and a worthwhile mod in my opinion.

Comes with original hard shell case in excellent condition. Full specs here (apart from the pickup change of course): [url="http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Bass/Gibson-USA/Midtown-Standard-Bass/Specs.aspx"]http://www.gibson.co...Bass/Specs.aspx[/url]

In good condition except for one little problem - one time when I was stretching strings, one of the bridge posts pulled up out of the body a little and chipped some of the finish around it. The bridge post has been reinserted (and hasn't moved since), the chipping has been disguised by colouring the chips with a black marker. Not an invisible fix, but as it's under the bridge you only see it if you're looking for it. Other than that, it's tip top. Will take some closeups of the area soon.

With that in mind, I've reduced the price a little. Looking for £450 + postage.

Edited by neepheid

I've tried to show (stupidly exaggerated actually so no-one feels like they're being misled) the chips around the bridge post.

Cursory look:

Angled to point the room lighting in:

Stupidly exaggerated with flash:

Make of it what you will. Honestly, you have to go looking for it, and I don't want anyone feeling like they were misled if I didn't try to show it and they found it days/weeks/months later.