Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR800 (Project?)
£125

ChunkyMunky

This'll be an interesting one but I need to clear funds for it, so I'll be happy to see what people will say on it. I originally intended for this to be a fretless and installed Bartolinis in them. They'll be included!

Originally, this was bought whilst I was out in the US and had my ex-girlfriend write on the back of it. Naturally, that fell apart and I decided to try and get rid of the writing. The slight problem is that I took the lacquer off of the back of it by accident. There's a significant amount of dings on this (not to mention the gouge on the front) but with a good setup and some other modifications you may want to add to it, this could be a wonderful project. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

It's also missing an intonation screw and has some fret buzz. I'm sure someone who's tech-minded can sort this one out. Thanks for reading, everyone.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1444156095' post='2880759']
Oh go on... I'll have it
[/quote]

Ha, looking forward to a rival restoration thread - I have a sneaking suspicion yours will go a little smoother than mine has to date!

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1444156861' post='2880770']
Ha, looking forward to a rival restoration thread - I have a sneaking suspicion yours will go a little smoother than mine has to date!
[/quote]

Sorry to hijack the thread, Mykesbass. I did my post on an impulse and only just realised what I did! :lol:

[quote name='ChunkyMunky' timestamp='1444157044' post='2880772']
Sorry to hijack the thread, Mykesbass. I did my post on an impulse and only just realised what I did! :lol:
[/quote]

Hey, no worries at all. Grangur has been very helpful on my thread so nice to know he has picked up a bargain, and you've got your sale - win all round. That's how a community should operate.

• 4 weeks later...